Chapter 10

Season 2: Episode 22 & 23

I watched Erin fall to pieces as Yates was found guilty on all charges, I held her as she sobbed

I watched Erin fall to pieces as Yates was found guilty on all charges, I held her as she sobbed. It killed me she blamed herself for this. I wanted to make things right, I wanted to fix her but for the first time since dad brought her home, I didn't know how to fix her.

We went to the bar following court, it was Olivia, Nick, Sonny, Finn, Jay, Dad, Erin, and myself. I stood next to Finn; he had his arm around me. I missed my old partner.

"Nadia was family. We'll miss her." Jay says looking towards Erin.

I watched Erin struggle, I wanted to reach out to her, but I knew I couldn't.

"To Nadia." Erin said raising her glass up.

Olivia nodded, "To Nadia."

All of us added in and clinked our glasses as we all said, "To Nadia."

When we finished up dad has asked me to come with him, we headed to the Courthouse Holding. I knew my dad; I knew exactly what we were doing. We checked in and made our way to where they were holding Yates.

When we got to his cell dad nodded to the officer, and the officer walked away. We both walked in quietly as dad shut and locked the door. He went up behind Yates and grabbed him in a choke hold.

"Didn't see me coming, did you? That's because you dropped your guard for a second." Dad said holding his arm around Yates.

Yates looked at me with pleading eyes, but I just stood there with a blank expression.

"I could end this right now, just... snap your neck. Strangle you. You know better than anyone how quickly this can end. You know what I figure?" Dad says as he begins to let go of Yates.

Yates begins to cough as dad comes to stand by me, "What's the hurry? I want you to feel what you made others feel. The pain. The fear. Looking over your shoulder when you eat, take a leak, sleeping with both eyes open. Someone will do to you what you did to Nadia." He told Yates.

"It's coming." I spat out towards Yates as both walked out of the cell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the past couple weeks since Nadia's death I have seen less and less of Erin. We both had been busy with work, and I've been busy packing to move in with Kelly. Every time I try to talk with her and make sure she is ok she pushes me away.

"I don't know what else to do Kel." I said laying down on his bed as he unpacked some of my clothes.

"You gotta give her space babe." He said focusing on his task.

I sighed as I got up to get dressed for work, when I was putting on my boots, I felt Kelly snake his arms around my waist.

"You can't help her if she doesn't want to be helped babe." He said in my ear as he kissed my neck lightly.