Chapter 3

Season 2: Episode 6 & 8

I stood there shocked, I never expected him to show up here

I stood there shocked, I never expected him to show up here. But I guess after last night it doesn't surprise me.

"Uh, sure. Come in." I said opening the door so he could walk in.

He nodded and walked in, he sat on the couch. Erin walked in ready for work, she stared at Kelly then back at me.

"I'll tell Hank you had an appointment this morning." she told me and walked out the front door.

"Uh I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't have this talk with you while you stand there wearing what your wear." He said avoiding my eyes.

I looked down, I guess I could see it. I nodded and walked to my room to change for work.

When I came back out, he was standing by the window with his hands in his pockets.

I smirked, "Don't you have shift today?"

He looked at me and chuckled, "Yeah but this is more important."

I gulped, and just stared at him. I cleared my throat, "So what's up?"

He looked at me intensely, and I couldn't help but squirm.

"I have spent the last 3 years kicking my own ass sending you away that night

"I have spent the last 3 years kicking my own ass sending you away that night. It was the biggest mistake of my life. When you showed up at the firehouse the other day and I saw you, it felt like my world stopped. You still are the most beautiful girl in any room. I know I messed up, but I'm still in love with you Lys." He said slowly.

I stood there frozen, I didn't know what to say or how to process this. Then I started to get angry, was he just saying this because he saw I went home with Tonio?

I scoffed, "Are you here saying this because I went home with Antonio last night?"

He glared at me, "Do you really think that low of me? I mean yeah it bothered the shit out of me watching him have his hand all over you and you guys leaving together. But no, I wanted to talk to you the minute you got to the firehouse. Gabby told me to wait, to let you get settle and situated. But I can't wait anymore. I love you so much, I just want to make things right."