Chapter 13

Season 3: Episode 10

"Hey baby." Kelly said walking up to me when Adam and I got to Med.

I smiled and kissed him, "Hi."

"I gotta go. Call me if you need anything with this case. Love you." He said kissing my forehead and walking away with Matt.

Adam and I walked into the conference room meeting with the team.

Dad was standing by the board, "Jessica Pope, Carol Shepperd, Dani Frank. Each brought independently to Med with no connection between 'em except an overdose of chemo for a cancer they don't have. I wanna know who prescribed that stuff."

"51 said that the gas explosion in Jessica's apartment caused a flashover. So, there is nothing left but char. There's no phone, no laptop, no datebook. Nothing. No doctor's name." Al said coming up and hugging me.

"We talked to Dani Frank's girlfriend. They hadn't been dating that long. She didn't know Dani's doctor. But she did say that Dani was doing better until she took a turn, and when she confronted her doctor about it, he put her on an experimental protocol that was supposed to beat it." Erin said as Nat walked into the room.

"Sorry to interrupt. A new patient just rolled into the ED. Unconscious, pancytopenic just like the others. Look, I don't know if this is legal, but, right now, I really don't care. That's her stuff. Have at it." She said setting down the purse and coming to stand next to me.

"All right, Leah Kamen, 42, lives in Edgewater." Antonio says looking at her license. "Insurance card. I'll call the company, see if they got the name of the doctor who submitted the claim."

Dad turns towards Nat, "Hey, is there any way to trace the chemicals in their system back to a specific manufacturer?"

"A mass spectrometry test was performed on Jessica. We can order the same for the others. There're only a few manufacturers." Nat responds.

"Will you do it, please?" Dad asks.

"Yep." Nat says squeeze my arm and walking away.

"Uh, Leah has Dani Frank, Carol Shepperd, and Jessica Pope as contacts on her phone." Kevin said looking through her phone.

"All our victims knew each other?" I asked looking over Kevin's shoulder.

"Yeah, looks like that." Kevin responded.

Antonio hangs up the phone, "I got a name. Dr. Dean Reybold."

"