Chapter 2

Season 2: Episode 5

"You were cleared by Dr

"You were cleared by Dr. Charles?" Erin asked me as we walked into the district.

I chuckled, "Duh, that's why today is my first day. He partnered me with Antonio."

Erin stopped walking, "Do you think that's a good idea Lys? I mean given your history?"

I sighed, "Erin, I'm a big girl." I snapped at her.

I know what she is doing, she is playing the overprotective big sister. I appreciate it a lot, but I can handle this.

I looked at her, "I'm sorry. I know you are just looking out for me. I can handle it." I sighed. Trying to change the subject, "I saw Kelly yesterday at 51 when I went to see Gabby."

Erin looked at me with wide eyes, "Did he say anything to you?"

I shook my head, "He stared at me like I was the only person in the world. It brought back all these feelings, feelings I have spent majority of the last 3 years trying to push away. And with one look into his eyes and they reappeared."

She smirked at me, "Or maybe you never really pushed them away. Maybe you just hid them. Those feelings, the history, the connection you guys had will never just go away. He's your endgame whether you realize it or not."

I didn't even know how to respond; we were walking upstairs when Trudy called me over.

"I'll meet you upstairs Er." I said walking towards Trudy.

"What's up Aunt Trudy?" I asked her.

"I need you to go check on your dad, I have been trying to get a hold of him and he is not returning my phone calls." She said looking at her computer.

I gave her a confused look, "Ok, will you let the team know?"

She nodded and kissed my head then re focused back on her computer.

I got in the car and headed over to my dad's house.

I walk up to the door and unlock it, I walk in as I call out for him "Dad, where are you?"

I walk through the hall towards the back of the house when I see a chair knocked over and a smashed phone. I immediately pulled out my gun and pointed it. I continue down the stairs to the basement. I see blood and my heart froze. After I cleared the basement, I can tell there was a struggle, and dad's safe is gone.