Chapter 20-Part 2

Season 3: Episode 23 Part 2

MEANWHILE ALYSSA POV

I was sitting at my desk with Adam next to me listening to Antonio talk "Everybody needs to hold on real tight, and you all know what I mean. If at any point you're not comfortable with something, you come tell me."

Dad drops a bag on the table "I want you to put word out to all your C.I.'s. That's 90,000 for any information on who did this to Melissa Wilds and my son."

"Hey, we got this, Sarge. Think you should go to the hospital?" Jay asks dad looking from me to him.

"All right let me be clear. I don't need condolences. I need commitment... from each of you. I'm gonna do whatever it takes to find who did this. Anybody not comfortable with that... should take the next couple of days off." Dad says looking at me.

Just then I saw Kevin and Kelly walk up the stairs, I jumped up from my seat with tears streaming down my face running towards Kelly. He wrapped his arms around me holding me tight to him "I got you baby. I'm here." He murmured as we stood there.

(Please pretend that's Kelly hugging Alyssa and not Stella

(Please pretend that's Kelly hugging Alyssa and not Stella.)

I drowned out everyone talking as Kelly and I walked back to my desk. He sat on my desk with me in between his legs holding me close to him.

"So, turns out Justin went through basic training with Peter Wilds at Fort Campbell before Peter got shipped to Fort Bragg. That's how they knew each other. They stayed close friends. Melissa started reaching out to Justin about four weeks ago." Jay says.

"Still doesn't tell us how they were mutual targets." Dad responds.

"Maybe there's a nexus with her job... the law firm." Kevin asks.

"Check it out." Dad says before grabbing his coat from his office.

"Hey. Hey. You have a grandson now, okay? Just remember that." Erin says pleading with him.

He nods and walks over to me and Kelly, "I need to go for a ride. You want to come with me?" He asks me softly.

I look to Kelly who nods, "Go baby. I will have my phone on me. Boden knows. Call me or text me if you need me and I'll be here as fast as I can. I love you so much." He says hugging me tight and kissing my forehead.