Chapter 8

3RD PERSON POV

3RD PERSON POV

It has been an exceptionally long 48 hours, and nobody in Alyssa's room has moved except to use the bathroom.

Gabby has been sitting in a chair to the right of Alyssa's bed. She has been going nuts without her best friend. She keeps thinking of what she said to her last, did she mention how much she loves her? What she would do without her? Her mind keeps racing.

Erin has been sitting in a chair at the foot of her bed. When Hank took her in Justin was not happy, but Alyssa was. She was so excited to have a sister, she welcomed Erin with open arms and a smile. The two were always glued to the hip, everything Erin has been through with her mother Bunny Alyssa has been by her side. Erin can't imagine a life without her little sister in it.

Justin has been pacing outside of her room, every so often peaking in to check on her. He has made a lot of mistakes in his life, one of his biggest ones is abandoning his sister when she was crumbling. Alyssa came to him when she was using over 3 years ago, and he pushed her away. It's something Justin has never forgiven himself for, she says that she forgave him, but he can't forgive himself. He needs his sister.

Olivia has been sitting in the corner behind Gabby

Olivia has been sitting in the corner behind Gabby. When Hank called to tell her about his daughter, she intuitively knew she had to help her and protect her. She met both of them plenty of times, but when Alyssa arrived in New York broken and hurting she felt that motherly instinct. She watched Alyssa go through a rough time and came out stronger. She thinks of Alyssa as her daughter and the idea of losing her was racking her with guilt for not making it in time to prevent this from happening.

Kelly has been sitting to the right of Alyssa not letting go of her hand in fears she'll slip away when he falls asleep or isn't paying attention. He has been in love with her since he knew what love was. She has been his entire world since he saw her when she was 8 and he was 10. He picked on her because he was fascinated by her, her kindness and compassion. When he kissed her for the first time, he knew that she was his end game. When he watched her drive away that night, he could have died. She was and is the love of his life, no one would ever replace her or come close. He needs her to breathe.