Chapter 21

Season 4: Episode 1

"Detective Voight, thank you for meeting me today

"Detective Voight, thank you for meeting me today." Commander Crowley said as I got out of my car.

I nod "You asked me to be here so I am."

"I would like to talk about what happened the night Intelligence was pursing Justin Voight's killer; I was monitoring the team's radio transmissions and geographical locations. I had your cell phone and Sergeant Voight's triangulated the second radio traffic stopped. The two of you were both right here at the Silos while the rest of the team was pinged clear across the city." She said looking me in the eyes.

I kept snapping the rubber band on my wrist "That's right. We were here. This is a place we come to gather our thoughts, it's a personal story and how we found it. And he was reeling after you pulled him off the case."

"And did what?" She asked me.

I sigh "We talked about Justin, he held me while I cried you know mourned for my dead brother."

"I also had Erin's cell phone pinged here as well." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

I try my best to hide my anger "Erin was worried about me. I didn't handle my mother's death well, so she was worried about how I was handling Justin's. But you realize It was a cop's son that was killed that night, Commander. My own brother."

"So, you agree with what he did?" She questioned catching me off guard.

"I don't know what you're referring to. You pulled us off the case. We complied. As far as we know, Justin's killer's still out there somewhere." I said with no emotion.

"How much longer are you gonna cover for Voight, at the expense of your own career and this entire department's reputation? Does that matter to you? Or have you been fully absorbed into his world? I know he is your father, but is he worth throwing a career like yours away?" She all but yelled at me.

"Like I said I don't know what you are referring to." I said before turning around and walking back to my car heading to the district.

When I walked upstairs, I noticed dad was in his office, so I walked in shutting the door behind me as I spoke to him "I met with the commander this morning."

He nodded "Erin met with her too."

"I didn't tell her anything." I said looking down as I snapped the band on my wrist.

Before he could respond Erin walked in and shut the door "I am just going to say this, I did what I had to, but I didn't do it really for you Hank." She said staring him down "I mean I did but I did it for her." She said pointing to me "I will do whatever I have to, no matter what to make sure she is protected."

"You don't think I wouldn't do the same for my own daughter?" Dad spat out towards her.