Chapter 1

Season 2: Episode 4

"Society questions the police and their methods, and the police say, do you want the criminals off the street or not?" -Kurt Russell

Growing up I always knew what I wanted to do with my life, people would tell me I needed to pick something unique not simple. Being a police officer was not simple, no scratch that being a detective is all I ever wanted, and it is definitely not simple. I watched the person I look up to the most be a successful and bad ass detective.

I remember the day I graduated the Police Academy; I remember the look on my dad's face that smile. My mom not so much, but now I understand why she was so against me following in my dad's footsteps. My dad has made a lot of mistakes, made a lot of enemies but it does not change the fact he is my role model. I thought after my mom died, I crumbled, but my dad did, but me crumbling destroyed my dad. Her passing, was the tip of the iceberg, it started the line of events that caused me to leave Chicago 3 years ago..................

3 years ago.......

I walked up to his front door, nervous. I hesitated to knock on the door, but I did, and I waited for him to open the door.

I started to turn around when I heard the door open and him say my name, I always loved hearing him say my name.

"Alyssa I've been calling you, where the fuck have you been?" He said glaring at me. Yes, I have been avoiding him since my dad caught me with my drugs and having to come clean to him. He gave me the option; I go to rehab here in Chicago, but I must give up any ties to my past or I go away to New York and go to Rehab and start over. I wanted to stay in Chicago for him, I wanted him to tell me to stay and that is why I showed up on his doorstep. He is my whole world, my everything.

"I'm... I am sorry. My dad wouldn't let me leave the house." I said staring at my feet, nervous and I started fiddling with my fingers.

"Alyssa, I know what you have been doing... Drugs? Really? How fucking stupid are you?" He said and when he saw the look on my face, the tears running down he instantly knew what he said was wrong.

"Lys, I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. Why didn't you talk to me?" He said reaching out to me.

I instantly backed up, I felt threated and I felt my walls shifting up and I could not stop them if I wanted to.

"I... I... I did not want to disappoint you, and I tried telling you but when I got to you at the restaurant, I saw you with her and I just spiraled. I knew you moved on. So yes, I went back to using, its helping me cope. Because everyone around me just leaves me, finds someone better. Like my dad and Erin, you. Just fucking everyone and they just forget all about me. My own best friend has been to busy for me. So yes, I continued to use because nobody would care if I am dead. But my dad knows, and he gave me the choice rehab here or rehab in New York but I came to you because I love you and I want you to tell me to stay." I said sobbing, trying so hard not to collapse in front of him.