Chapter 23

⚠️⚠️ANYTHING ITALIZED IS IN THE PAST AND THIS WHOLE CHAPTER WILL BE IN 3RD PERSON POV. THIS CHAPTER WILL REFER TO SELF HARM AND MENTAL ILLNESS⚠️⚠️

 THIS CHAPTER WILL REFER TO SELF HARM AND MENTAL ILLNESS⚠️⚠️

5 Days into Rehab

Erin and Gabby stood in the doorway with tears in their eyes watching Hank hold Alyssa between his legs as she went through withdrawal. Hank was in tears himself as he held his daughter while she cried out for the pain to end.

"Make it stop daddy!" Alyssa cried out in so much physical pain "I can't handle the pain."

Hank's heart broke as he tried his best to help her "I know baby. Everything is going to be ok. You just have to get through the rough part."

Erin looked to the doctor "There's nothing else you can do for her?"

"I wish there was, this is worse than when she was here before." He said sighing "Unfortunately she just has to deal with the pain and sweat it out."

Erin broke down in Gabby's arms as Gabby watched her best friend suffer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 Days into Rehab

Alyssa was sitting down next to Hank across from Erin during a family therapy session.

"How are you feeling today Alyssa?" Dr. Zemkio asked.

Alyssa stared out the window "The physical pain is gone, but I still feel numb."

"How do you feel the meds are helping?" Dr. Zemkio asked as Hank glared in his direction feeling helpless.

"I guess fine." She said shrugging "I don't have the urge to kill myself anymore."

Dr. Zemkio sighed "Erin why don't you take Alyssa back to her room and spend some time with her."

Erin nodded helping Alyssa up and walking out of the room as Hank spoke up "Are you thinking of changing her meds?"

"I think so. She's got the diagnosis of a severe Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar Disorder and Major Depression. We are still playing with the meds to find the correct group." He says as Hank looks down.

"Is this genetic?" Hank asks nervously.

Dr. Zemkio nods "Yes, it can be."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

30 Days into Rehab

"How do you feel that Erin went back home to Chicago?" Dr. Zemkio asks her watching her look down at her lap.

"I miss her a lot." Alyssa mumbles out as she looks up at him with tears "Sometimes I feel like everyone will abandon me."

Dr. Zemkio looks down at his notes as he recalls the conversation he had with Hank about Kelly. He looks up at her "We have talked about Justin, Gabby, Erin and your parents. Let's talk about Kelly?"