12. Beautiful Cry

I can hear knocking from the other side of the door. Someome screeming my name too. It turns more into banging and eventually Steve breaks threw the door pushing me aside on the floor. I immediately cover my face to sheild him from me ugly crying. He rushes to me and puts me in his arms. He sits and cradles me until I calm down. I should be mad at him. I should be saying sorry too. But all I can do is be in his scent. He holds my head against his chest and in a way it helps with the pain.

"Steve..." My lips tremble. I have so much to say to him. I look up at him finally and I can see tears come down his face. I wipe them away and I feel pain in my chest. I feel so bad for him. For making him feel this way. "Can you stay with me tonight?" I choke out. A slight smile appears on his face. He sniffled and nods yes. I crash my head into his chest again.

"What about Bucky?" He says quietly. I honestly dont know what to think anymore.

"I dont know. I just-" Steve positions me up amd he looks at me.

"You dont have to say anything. Not until you know." He kissed my forehead and moved me to the bed. We both crawled in we faced eachother on our sides. I took a look at him and my breath was taken away.  His face seemed so smooth. His face only had a couple freckles but I think that makes it just a little sweeter. His nose and cheeks were red amd shiny from the tears I caused. His lips too. A light pink and parted slightly. Then his eyes. Oh God his eyes. A deep blue with a watery glaze over his eyes. It was only now that I noticed he had a little green in the blue of his eyes.

I wanted to reach up and touch his face. For a second I didnt believe it was real. Just for a moment.

"Whacha thinking about?" He kicked me out of my trans. I bit my bottom lip thinking of a song that runs through my head often. Only now, it seems appropriate.

"I have a song stuck in my head." We chuckle lightly. He tells me to play it amd I grab my phone

Finally Beautiful- Hasley

Song lyrics wash over us both.

~Beautiful Stranger her you are~
~In my arms and I know~
~That beautiful strangers only come along to do me wrong and I hope~
~beautiful stranger here you are~
~in my arms but I think its finally finally finally finally finally safe~
~for me to fall~

Steve smiles and pulls me into his arms. I take a deep breath before deciding to fall asleep. Eventually the song ends and all I can hear is Steve's breathing. It's even and smooth. Hes asleep and I should be too bur I cant help to look up at him one last time and I kiss his cheek. I can feel a big smile stretch across my face. I still can't believe anything that's been happening. Oh well, thats tomorrow's problem.

________
________

Hey guys! Sorry I know this chapter is short but I felt like it needed to be separate from the last chapter. Also its 1 in the morning and I'm tired. Merry Christmas Eve!🎅🤶

Comment and vote please ❤❤