15. For Now

It's been about 3 days sense the meeting. The first day I didnt leave my room. I had panic attacks every hour and I stressed about seeing anyone.

I've been working on myself lately. Going on runs in the early morning before anyone gets up. Then I sneak back in while everyone is at breakfast. I havent been cooking. At least not while people are here. The past 2 days Peter would text me when most of them have left so I can get out of my room without being too paranoid. Of course I told him everything. He deserved to know.

But today. Today has to be the day where shit hit the fan. For starts, I slept through my alarm. So I missed my run time.

Me- Peter I missed my run!

Peter- did you sleep in?

Me- yup. Right through my alarm

Peter- just go now. And if anyone tried to talk to you, run faster😂

Me- lmaooo thanks I'll try😂

After minutes of contemplating, I decide to go on the run now to get it over with. After I get dressed I peak outside my room and I see Bruce come around the corner. I close my door quickly but it made a loud noise which he definitely heard.

"Elissa? Can I talk to you really quick?" I heard him outside my door and I sighed. Of course he did. I open my door slowly and I see Bruce standing there with his tablet.

"Oh hi." I say quietly.

"Do you wanna do some tests today? I would of asked you sooner but I couldnt find you."

"Yeah sorry I havent really been in the compound lately since, you know."

"Oh right."

We stood there for a second before I realised I never answered his question.

"Oh um yeah we can do some tests and crap. Can I go on my run first?"

"Actually, can I test your vidal's before and after you run? I think it may help."

"Sure. Let's just make it quick so no one sees me."

"Uh ok."

Bruce leads me to his lab and fortunately, no one saw us. He hooked me up to a machine and I let him take my blood for some research. It only took about 10 minutes for him to finish and we didnt really say a word. It didnt exactly feel awkward but it wasnt friendly.

He let me go and I got out to start my run. I have this path that I found in the woods outside the compound. I think its usually used my the soldiers or ageints in training that I saw on the first day.

Either way it's so peaceful. If you go some ways into the woods, the compound noise disappears. No one training or machinery. But the woods. Then soon enough a small lake crosses the path that you have to hop across the rocks.

I love running in the cold. Of course it doesnt help that I'm sure from the previous days. And after I'm done i feel like I'm having a heat flash. But I just love the look of the trees and the sun shining threw them.

After about 15 minutes I stop to catch my breath. I place my hand on the thigh scar. I can feel it with every step I take. I stretch my arms and look at the sky. After finally catching my breath I decided to run again but before I can, I hear multiple heavy footsteps through the path behind me. I turn and see 2 lines of men running threw the trees on the path. I contemplate running or hiding until they pass me fully. I start to run towards on the path until I see a big rock to hide behind. I duck behind that until I hear the men run past me and out of site.