10. Changes

It all came so quickly. It's mostly fuzzy.

I remember laughing in the aircraft with Steve. I remember jumping in the water with masks and suits on. Streaks of water rushed passed us. I remember seeing Nat get hit and swimming to her. I remember looking up and seeing Steve get hit in the shoulder. I remember screaming his name and calling for help.

Next I felt so much anger and pain. All I could see was red. Something was stuck in my stomach and my thigh. All I wanted to do was rip them out and get to Steve who I saw swimming away to who or whatever was shooting them.

Fuck....

Waking up is hard. 5 more minutes on repeat please.

"She is waking up. Bring them in." I could hear multiple voices around me. Many people were scurrying around, moving things and talking to each other. I assume they were talking about me but why would people be in my room why I slept? Who is them?

I could slowly bring myself awake. My eyes felt so heavy and my head was hurting so bad. I just figured I was grinding my teeth again while I slept. Things started to get quite. Not as many people moved around. Doors opened and closed. Some light footsteps too. My vision started to clear and I couldnt see the grey walls I'm used to waking up to. I just see white. I'm starting to think I'm not in my room.

"Elissa, can you hear me?" An unfamiliar voice came very close to me. I was able to look at him but my vision still wasnt the best. I could only see his eyes and the rest of him was covered in a light green/blue fabric. He shinned something in my eyes and I winced. I could only grundt at him. My mouth was so dry, i started coughing at him he rushed to get me a glass of water. Finally my vision was clear. White sheets covered me. Machines surrounded my bed. I was in the hospital.

I was able to look around and start to get feeling in my fingers and my hands. I push myself to sit up and a striking pain in my stomach prevents me to. I can see a number of people outside threw the blinds talking to a doctor or nurse. The doctor that almost blinded me, I'm guessing. As I take my glass of water that was set beside me, the door opens and 4 people including the doctor walk in. "Thanks Doc." I can hear one of them thank the doctor as he shuts the door behind them. They are all very tall from my perspective on the bed.

"So when we said don't get hurt, you're just gotta complety ignore that right?" One of them squeezed my hand and pulled up a chair for him to sit next to me. We all chuckled.

"Get hurt doing what?" I look around at their blank faces. "Im sorry I dont remember much after the bombs." I think back to New York. "Where is Jo? Is she ok?" I start to panic. My voice cracks as it's not fully hydrated yet.

"The doctor said you have hypoxic brain damage but he couldnt tell how much you lost until you woke up. I'm guessing you think your 17." The man on the right of me rubbed his head in his hands.

"I'm not 17?" All 3 of them shook their heads. The girl standing infront of the bed looked down at me sadly. "Elissa that was 5 almost 6 years ago." My brain cant comprehend this at the moment. I hold my head in pain and I can feel tears build up behind my eyes.

"So one, who are you? Two, where is Jo? Did they put here with foster parents? They didnt find our parents did they? Oh please say they didnt." I havent opened my eyes to see their reactions but I can tell they feel confused. Trust me, so am I.

"Let's get this straight first. You dont remember who we are?" One of them pointed to eachother. I shook my head no. Their shoulders dropped. "This is Steve Roger's, Natasha and I'm Tony." I look over at Steve. He does look familiar. I can see back in the water again. I see Steve get hit in the shoulder. I look over and he doesn't even look like he's been hit. It must of been a dream them. "Do you remember anything other than the bombs?" I hesitate to tell him about the dream, if it even is. I dont wanna look foolish.