11. Collagen

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying her wounds are gone. Only a scar is left."

"H-How I mean.... I don't get it."

I was woken up to multiple people surrounding me. I recognized on voice, Tony. The other sounds familiar but I need to look at him to know. I havent moved or opened my eyes yet. I'm not sure I wont too.

"Scars usually take 21 days to form. From her wounds it should of taken longer but it formed in 2 days."

I heard some heavy breathing and a slight chuckle.

"When the tissue is broken, it causes a protein called collagen which builds up where the tissue was damaged."

I feel whoever it is lift my shirt to where my scar is. They remove the bandage and I hear a sigh come from what I think is Tony. They do the same with the wound on my thigh.

"Collagen build up the tissue, helping to heal amd strengthen the wound. Which is what happened but just at a faster rate than it should."

"So what, Banner. She has extra protein in her body becuase of the explosion?"

"Its just a theory but its possible."

Banner? Oh! Its Bruce! I want to wake up and say hi but I think it would be too obvious if I just get up like that. I decide to move my head a little. Then my eyes slowly open and I was right. I see Bruce and Tony on each side of my bed watching me wake up.

"Wha-hey. What's up?" I act like I havent been listening. I sit up without any pain, which I guess was expected but I still found surprising. I rip off the bandages fully revealing just scars on my stomach and thigh. I trace my hand over them. I absolutely hate them. "So much for bikini summers." I chuckle. "Hi Bruce." His face lights up with only a little concern.

"You remember me?"

"I'm starting to remember more. I remember meating everyone at the party." I look at Tony and he looks down. "How is Peter?" I ask him and he looks at me again.

"Hes good, I think. He came in this morning to see you along with Wanda and Nat. They looked over you so Steve and Bucky could go back to the compound and clean up."

"Did they stay the night? I told them not to." I pick up the glass of water and chug the whole thing. I see Tony nod his head yes.

"Yeah they both did. They care about you a lot, you know?" Tony decided to sit down next to me on the bed. "Excpecially Steve." I look down at the empty glass in my hands. I domt know what to think.

"I know. I think I like him too but like you said yesterday, it could take the team apart. Even tho I'm not even on the team." I chuckle and place the glass back where it was on the table next to my bed. Tony laughs.

"What makes you think that?" Bruce chimed in. I looked at him with confusion. I mean I know I went on the last mission but I got hurt really bad. I couldn't possible be ready to be on the team yet.

"Guys I'm not like you. I'm not smart and I don't even know how to use my powers fully." I snap my fingers and a little flame comes appears on my index finger. We all just kinda stare it at until I distinguish it into my palm.

"Then we can just keep training. Becuase to be honest we are all still not fully comfortable when we go into missions. I dont think anyone is." Tony pats my knee and gets up off the bed. I decide to get up too but I hold out my hand for Bruce to take it. I'm guessing I havent moved in a couple days so I'll be a little wobbly.

"Wait. I'll get a nurse so she can take out the... you know." Tony point to me but I'm still confused. "Cathider." I immediately sit back in my bed and I wait for the nurse that Tony had called in. They leave amd wait for me outside while the nurse helps me up.