36. Last Day

My last day here. Most of everything is packed. My time here has been hell but I'm sad to be leaving so soon. Not even a whole year here and I'm already leaving.

It's been a couple days since the party. Let me tell you, it was all hell with Tony when we came back inside. He was acting like my dad who said I couldn't date a boy becuase I'm his little girl. But there was one thing that was keeping me sain throughout that whole thing and it was Bucky right there next to me.

"I told you no distraction then you go and do this?"

"Tony calm down. It's not that big of a deal."

"Of course it's not. It's only risking this team falling apart."

"You know you are making it worse by acting this way?"

"Dont make it sound like I'm a child."

"Than start acting like adults! Everyone here is grown ass adults, who fight bad guys for gods sake! Stop acting like a little romance is going to kill us."

"I give up. You're too stubborn to deal with."

"So I can stay?"

"No you're still leaving. I just dont care what happens after that anymore. You know, when I hired you here, I thought this was gunna work. I thought we could add this girl who has badass powers to the team and it would work. I've never been more wrong."

I remember seeing Tony leave the party. That's when I knew I complety ruined everything I had. It didn't click that he knew about my powers before he hired me. It didnt click how convenient this all was.

Everything has been so calm lately. Like the fuckening is gunna happen soon. (Look it up on urban dictionary)

The one thing that has bothered me is Tony. He is acting like he did when I first arrived; distant and rude. I havent seen Clint sinse the party but I'm planning on seeing him before I leave. Theres one thing that people dont know. Bucky decided to come with me. We are staying at the cabin I ran away too earlier in the year. The only one who knows is Veronica. After the whole fiasco, I felt like she need a huge explanation but fortunately she wasnt mad at all.

"So are you all packed up?" Veronica walks in the kitchen where I sit in my thoughts with my glass of apple juice.

"Mostly. Just a couple small thing I'm gonna take with me in the car." I pat the seat next to me and she sits. "Oh I'm sorry, I didnt notice you wearing Sam's shirt from last night. Did something happen?" I smile and raise and eyebrow at her. Her entire face turns red and we chuckle.

"I'm not one to kiss and tell..." she makes eye contact with me and I can barely hold my laugh together. "But I'm also not one to shut up so we totally did it!" She squeals and I hug her.

"How was it?!"

"Oh my god. By far the best I've ever had. It was passionate at first then like rough and kinky." We both sink in our seats knowing exactly what that feels like.

"I knew it." I laugh and she looks at me confused. "What?"

"You knew it?"

"Oh you think I brought you to that party just to show you off?" I smirk and she punches my arm.

"This was all your plan?"

"Yup."

"Asshole."