24. Weisles

STEVES POV:

"Suit up." Tony runs past me in the hallways. "Where's Nat?" I hear him yell now a couple yards away from me.

"Out front!" I yell back and he turns the corner, disappearing from my view. I quickly change into my suit and head to the queen jet. Soon enough we head off to the helicarrier.

"So do we have a clue on what we are looking for?" Nat stands next to Tony but she eyes Sam sitting across from them. He shakes his head no.

"Fury wants us all to be together while we figure out something."

I stare out the window impatiently. It feels like forever until we see the helicarrier in the distance. I grab my things, already ready to go.

"Calm down Steve." Nat stands next to me fixing her harness.

"I am calm." I sigh and she gives me a side eye. "I just dont get why she would be so stupid to go out by herself."

"Mhm." She nods. I can tell she knows something. "You know, for someone who says they arnt in a relationship, you're sure acting like it." She chuckles and nudges my arm.

"I'm not....whatever." My jaw clenches and we feel the jet land. We all gather and hurry inside as the helicarrier gets higher in the air.

"Glad to see you can make it." Fury greets us with hand shakes and shows us to the meeting room. "So what do we know?"

"That she was out by herself and she never came back." I say as I sit down in one of the chairs.

"That's all? We are sending out all our eyes for that?" Fury's laugh is full with disappointment.

"We tracked her phone. It said it was on and present in the village right where she was last. Then nothing. It dissapeared." Tony leans on the railing at the edge of the room.

"Maybe it got broken when she was kidnapped." Fury tried to reason out all the odds.

"No broken glass. Nothing seemed thrown around there was no evidence of struggle." I can feel my hands clench up a little.

"Ok so maybe this guy is good. He knows who he is looking for and how to clean up after him. For the most part." Fury thinks to himself for a moment. We all turn towards the door where we hear heavy footsteps walk in.

"Its Loki." Thor comes trifling threw with a handcuffed man. He threw him on the ground.

"You said Loki was dead." I look at the same he threw. He has SHEILD clothing on.

"I thought he was." Thor turned to Fury. "And I thought SHEILD was supposed to keep track of its things?"

"What the hell are you talking about? And why are you throwing my men around?"

"Becuase Loki has the Scepter. And this man was one of his little weisles." Thor eyed the man. Jack M was written on his shirt sleeve. He had a somewhat strong build. Brown eyes and brown hair. Looked scared as hell.

"It was Loki the whole time. He used the thing on me." He chokes out not looking at any of us.

"How did Loki get the Scepter?" I stand up and walk over Jack.

"He said something about you guys giving it to Hydra on accident." He put his hands up in defense from me. I stop and look at Fury.

"That's not possible." He looks like he is recollecting everything from what happened after the attack on New York. An alert on Tony's phone popped up.

"Friday?" Tony stands up and projects his phone screen for all of us to see.

"Sir it appears that one of the jets has been taken."