4. Not a Date

"You guys actually want me to make breakfast this time?" I'm standing at the kitchen counter. Sam, Peter, and Thor sit in the stool on the other side of the counter.

"Bacon. Definitely more bacon." Thor smiles and high fives Sam. I chuckle and turn to get the 3 packs of bacon from the fridge. Cap runs into the kitchen. He looks like he just came from a run. His shirt dripping with sweat but it defines his muscles really well. His hair was a mess. He looked like he hadn't slept sense we talked.

"Do you want breakfast?" I ask softly. I hold up the packs of bacon and I smile at him. I figured I should give him a break off the mean comments.

He chuckled. "I'd love that." He sat down next to Peter. I fashioned him a glass of orange juice and then started on the bacon.

"Woah woah woah why does only he get orange juice served?" Sam held up his empty glass.

"Do you have working legs?" I asked him.

"Yeah but why did you do it for Rogers and not us?" I pause myself not really knowing the answer. I looked at Cap who is waiting for an answer.

"Because he just came back from a run. Which I'm guessing was like 14 miles?" We all chuckled.

"More or less." Cap mumbles into his class I just poured for him. I crack a smile and I turn my attention back onto the bacon.

"Who is putting coffee grounds in the garbage disposal?" I turn the the boys who all avoid making contact. "I feel like I'm everyones mother." I laugh

"I mean if you want us to start calling you mom then.." Sam and Thor break out if laughter.

"HA dont you dare. I'll kick you ass." I start placing bacon on the baking sheets.

"I dont know, we haven't seen you with your powers yet." Cap smirked.

"Well I dont know if you guys ever will." I sighed as I place the empty packaging into the garbage. The place got quiet while I placed the sheets into the oven.

"Woah those are over baked? Not on stove top?" Thor looked surprised.

"Of course they are." I looked around at the guys. "They get to keep their flavoring which is in the fat and no extra oil so it's healthier." I shrug and walk over to get myself a glass of apple juice.

"Ah there you are." Bucky enters the room and takes my hand away from the kitchen. "I need to talk to you for a second."

"Hey! Keep an eye on the bacon! Dont let it burn!" I yell to everyone sitting at the counter confused. I hear Thor yell that hes "got it" as I'm being pulled from the room. "Slow down Bucky. Hey Buck slow down." I grasp the arm that hold my hand.

He stops and turn to me. His breathing is heavy and he seems shakey. "Elissa I have a secret and I need to tell you because I can't tell Steve."

"Why cant you tell him? Arnt you guys best freinds?"

"Yes but this concerns him." He pauses to clear his mind and the words come out slowly and calmly. "I woke up last night to screaming. It was steve having a nightmare and when I went to check on him, he was shaking really hard." He puts both his hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eye. "He was screaming your name."

I freeze. My mouth suddenly gets dry and my chest hurts. "Why. Wh-what?" I don't know what to say. He was so dismissive of me at first. Then he is nice to me and then he shows up to my room in the middle of night acting weird. Now this?

"What's going on here?" We both snap our heads to Cap who is standing behind us. His arms are crossed and his eyes glare at Bucky.

"Uh Bucky was just... asking me to dinner." I look back at him and wink. He presses his lips and nods.