Chapter 15 Ariel's comatose state

John and the others were a little bit confused. "What do you mean by readings?" John asked. "Just look." Lauren said. They saw that the readings that Lauren got were very low. "I was afraid that something like this would happen." Joe said. "This is all Goldar's fault!" John said. "Calm down John, if she didn't fight Goldar to get our power discs back then this ranger team would be history." Ryan said. "Yeah, I guess you guys are right." John said. "Of course we're right. You know that Ariel would want you to be thankful that she got our power discs back." Virginia said. Lauren took the responsibility of taking care of me. My friends would even come to my room to spend twenty minutes a day with me, eventhough I was in a coma. I really don't want to die but on the other hand if I die I will get to be with Jayden, my mom, and my dad again. I really hope that I don't die. I don't want to leave my sister, my friends, John, and especially my kids. I really do hope that I wake up soon.

One day John took Mal with him to my room. "Dad? Is mom ever gonna wake up?" Mal asked. "I don't know Mal. I really don't know." John said. "The readings didn't change at all." Lauren said. Then John and Mal walked out. I woke up six months later. "L-Lauren? Wh-what happened? Where am I?" I asked. "You're back at the shiba house. You fought Goldar and got the power discs back." Lauren said. Then I got lightheaded. "Hey, sis, are you okay?" Lauren said. "I just got lightheaded." I said. "Okay, how about you take it easy for a while." Lauren said. "Okay." I said. A few hours later John and my kids walked into my room. "Mom!" Mal and Ben said as they ran up to me and hugged me. "Hey you two." I said as I hugged them. "Hey, looks like they are happy to have you back." John said. "Yeah, anyway, I didn't want to die. I didn't want Lauren to feel guilty about my death if I died. I also didn't want to leave you guys." I said. "We're just glad that you're okay." John said. The next day I was talking to Lauren about having some physical therapy sessions. "Let me guess, the reason why is because you didn't move a single muscle for at least six months. Is that right?" Lauren said. "Yeah, I just think that it would be good to have some physical therapy sessions, that way I could have the muscle mass that I had before this whole thing happened." I said. "Okay, I just have to find out what physical therapy companies are around here and schedule your first physical therapy session." Lauren said. Then I went out into the yard to watch our kids train. The next day Lauren noticed that I was acting kinda weird. When she asked me about it I didn't know what to say. That's when she knew that I didn't go to Jayden's funeral. She took me to Jayden's grave and I said the same thing Cole said in power rangers wild force, forever red episode.

I put flowers on his grave and Lauren and I started to walk away when I stopped in my tracks and turned to face Jayden's grave. I did the same girl scout salute thing that I did when I was a few steps away from Jason's grave. (To see the girl scout salute thing skip to 2:02 in the video.)

Then Lauren and I went back to the shiba house. The next day I had my first physical therapy session. While I was waiting for my physical therapy session to start I was a little nervous. "Hey, are you okay?" Lauren asked. "I'm just really nervous." I said. "Hey, listen, everyone gets nervous when they get to their first physical therapy session. It's perfectly normal for you to be nervous, but you got nothing to worry about." Lauren said. "I guess you're right." I said. After my first physical therapy session we went back home. The next day I noticed that Mal and Ben were not doing really well with their hand to hand combat training. Then John walked up to me. "Wow, never thought that I would see them train like that. It's not going so well." John said. "John, give them a break. They're just starting out. May I not remind you that a long time ago I was not that good at it myself." I said. "Yeah, but that's my point." John said. "Yeah but nothing. When I started out I didn't always have mad skills." I said. "I bet that you practiced hard and got good. You've got to give me props for knowing that." John said. "True, but before I could practice Jason had to teach me." I said. "You learned from the best." John said. "Too bad that Mal and Ben don't have someone amazing like that to teach them." I said. "Ariel, do you ever get tired of being right?" John asked. "Not so far." I said. That's when I decided that maybe either John or I could teach them some moves that can be used in hand to hand combat. I had to learn some moves by myself. I also just kept on practicing what Jason taught me all those years ago. That's when I remembered that there was a local tae-kwon-do school in town called young brothers. I decided that maybe instead of us teaching them we could have someone at the tae-kwon-do school teach them. When I went there to sign them up for tae-kwon-do classes I met their instructor. Then I went back home. Lauren came up to me later that night. She couldn't get to sleep. So we went to her room and I sang the song that our mom used to sing to us to help us fall asleep.

The next day the rangers and I were fighting another nighlok but I got sent into a coma due to the attack. I was in a coma for ten days. When I woke up Lauren's dog was licking my face. The dog was named Dude. "Hey sleeping beauty." Dude said. "Hey, whoa, did you just talk?" I asked. "Whoa, did you just understand me? Wait, wait wait wait, that is heavy eye contact right there, you heard me." Dude said. "No I didn't." I said. "Yes you did, oh my god this is amazing, you can understand me. And I've been so lonely." Dude said. "Stop talking, you're a hallucination." I said. "You're a hallucination." Dude said. Then Lauren walked in. "Hey, so that's where you ran off to." Lauren said as she picked up Dude. Later that day I was playing with Dude at the park. That's when Dude told me that he has been the family pet ever since he was a newborn puppy. I guess Lauren knew that he could talk but didn't tell me about this. I knew that I could get to know Dude better if I spend some time with him.