Chapter 5 Jayden's death & Ariel's guilt

We got back from the battle and I went to go talk to my sister. The next day the gap sensor went off. We looked at the map to see where the attack was. It was in the downtown area. "Rangers, let's go." I said. We ran out of the shiba house and ran into a nighlok named Scorpiotic. "Don't attack them so quickly. They'll squeal more if you corner them slowly. That's more fun." Scorpiotic said. "Stop right there nighlok." I said. "Rangers together, samurai forever!" All of us said. "Rangers, I have a present for you." Scorpiotic said before using a move called whirlwind scyth attack. We got tossed into the air and got badly hurt. "Beating them is like taking candy from a baby." Scorpiotic said. "Uh, we must stand and be strong. Either we defeat the nighlok or we will be defeated." I said as I got up. "Understood." Joe said. "Yeah yeah, I know." John said. "Jane, are you okay?" Virginia asked. "I'm a samurai. I can't worry about my own safety when others are in need." Jane said. "We won't fall for the same trick twice. Let's go." I said. Then we fight off the moggers. We caught up with him. "You guys again?" Scorpiotic said. "You won't fool us again." John said. "We're here to stop your evil ways." Jane said. "We'll never lose to you." I said. "Go go samurai!" All of us said. Then we fight Scorpiotic and defeated him. Then we fought the mega version of himself. We won the battle. On the way back I wasn't saying a whole lot. I really didn't say much. "Ariel, are you okay? You're being really quiet." John said. "I guess that I'm just worried about losing my brother. I mean, I know that he is going to die at some point. I just don't know when, unless he is already dead and I don't know it." I said. "Remember what happened last time? Are you going to do the same thing that you did as a young kid?" John asked. "To answer those questions, yes, I know what happened last time and no, I'm not going to do what I did when I was a young kid. I just didn't know how to cope with death back then." I said. When we got back Lauren walked up to me and my friends went into the house. "Ariel, there's something that I need to tell you." Lauren said. "It's about Jayden, isn't it?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm sorry but, Jayden didn't make it." Lauren said. I started to cry. I went back to my room to have some time alone.

I just couldn't believe it. Jayden is now gone. I started to feel guilty about it. I started to blame myself for it, eventhough it's not my fault. Lauren came into my room later that night. I was curled up in a tiny ball on the bed. Lauren sat down on my bed and placed one of her hands on my shoulder. Lauren could tell that I was crying. "Hey, it's okay. Jayden is still here in our hearts." Lauren said. I sat up. "I really miss him." I said. "I know, but just remember that he will always be in your heart. Anyway, he said that if he were to die, he would want me to give this to you." Lauren said while handing a small Pikachu figurine to me.

" Lauren said while handing a small Pikachu figurine to me

"Seems like he knew that I like pokemon." I said as Lauren gave me the figurine. The next day Lauren gave me something else that Jayden also wanted her to give me. It was a necklace with two hearts on it.

"He also wanted me to give you this

"He also wanted me to give you this. That way you will always have a part of him." Lauren said. "Thanks." I said. Then I walked out into the yard. Later that night Jayden came to me in my dream. "Hey sis." Jayden said. "Jayden." I said as I ran up to him and hugged him. Then I let go of him. "What do I do?" I asked. "You have to continue to be the red ranger." Jayden said. "But Jayden, you were always here for me, always. And then you just decided to leave so soon, like unexpectedly?" I asked. "Look, Ariel, I will always be with you, no matter what happens. I will always be in your heart. You have to believe that." Jayden said. "I don't know if I can. I don't know what to believe anymore." I said. "Ariel, you have to believe that I will always be in your heart." Jayden said. "Okay, but I don't think that I can handle the responsibilities of being the red ranger." I said. "Listen, you have to believe in yourself. Lauren believes in you and so do your friends. I have always believed in you and it is no different today. I still believe in you. Can you at least try to believe in yourself?" Jayden asked. "I guess I could try." I said. Then Jayden left. That morning I was training by myself. Lauren walked up to me when it looked like I was training too hard. "Hey, you should take a break." Lauren said. "What gives you that idea?" I asked. "Well, let's see, you're training a little too hard, it seems like." Lauren said. "Lauren, I am not training very hard." I said as I continued to train for the next battle. "Look, I know that Jayden's death is hard on you but you shouldn't be training this hard." Lauren said. "What does it matter? It's not like you guys are training around the same time I am." I said. "There's a difference between pushing yourself as hard as you can and just being reckless. If you continue to do moves in battle recklessly you might get hurt more than you ever have before." Lauren said. "You worry too much about me." I said. "That's because I don't want to lose you too." Lauren said. "Just like dad." I said under my breath. The next day Lauren and I got into an argument while fighting some moggers. "I'll hold them off, you run for it." I said. "No, I'll hold them off and you run for it." Lauren said. "There's no time to argue. I'm the red ranger. You will do what I say." I said. "And I say I'm too big to be ordered around." Lauren said before I pushed her out of the way of an attack. "How did you get to be so stubborn?" I asked. "I take after dad, remember?" Lauren said. We were on a cliff and Lauren looked into the eyes of one of the moggers. "We have to jump." Lauren said. "But we'll be killed." I said. "And we'll be killed if we don't." Lauren said. Then she pushed me over the cliff before jumping herself. When she pushed me I gave a small yelp. Then the moggers disappeared. There was a ledge that we landed on. "I didn't know that this was here." I said. "I did." Lauren said. "How?" I asked. "See that path across the ravine? I was walking on that path with mom one time and I saw the rock ledge. That's how I knew." Lauren said. Then we go down the hill the rest of the way and went back to the shiba house.