Chapter 19 Mal's secret power

Lately I've noticed that something was off about Mal. She's been training a lot lately and everytime my friends and I go into a battle she wants to come along but I have to tell her that she can't, that it's too dangerous for her at the moment. I couldn't find out why Mal was acting the way she was. I asked John to go talk to her about it. I wondered if Mal is not telling us something. What she told John was that if she doesn't go into battle with us she won't get better with battling. The next day I was talking to John. "Hey John, do you think that Mal is not telling us something?" I asked. "Like what?" John asked. "I don't know, she's been acting kinda weird lately." I said. "I talked to her but she denied that she has a secret kind of thing." John said. "Like a secret power or what?" I asked. "I don't know, maybe you should keep an eye on her, just in case she has been hiding something from us." John said. "Look, if we go into a battle I will have to have Lauren keep an eye on her." I said. The next day I was training with the others when the gap sensor went off. Once again, Mal wanted to come along and once again, I told her that she can't. The next day I asked Mal if she was hiding something from me. "Mom, I am not hiding anything from you." Mal said. "Really, because I feel like you're not telling me something." I said. "You don't need to know anything right now." Mal said before walking away. "She's going to have to tell me at some point in the near future." I said. A few days go by and one day the rangers and I found ourselves against some evil space aliens and a nighlok. After we got hurt a wolf who I never saw before was standing right in front of us. "What is this wolf doing here?" Virginia asked. "I have no idea." I said. The wolf took the evil space aliens and the nighlok down all by itself then left. The next day I went to go talk to Mal about the wolf we saw. "Mom, that wolf was me." Mal said. "Wait, what? You were the wolf we saw?" I asked. "Yeah." Mal said. Then I just passed out. When I woke up I asked John what happened. "Oh, you fainted when you found out that Mal was the wolf we saw." John said. "Okay, but I don't get how she came to help us out without Lauren knowing." I said. "Well, she was wondering why you don't allow her to come with us. Is it okay if I tell her about what happened to Jayden?" John said. "I guess that if you want to tell her you can." I said. "Okay, I just don't know how I am going to say this." John said. "And what am I supposed to do about that?" I asked. "Well, can you come with me?" John asked. "Okay, but it's going to be really hard for me to say something about it without getting sad. I'm still coping with it." I said. Then we go talk to Mal about what happened to Jayden. We walked up to Mal. "Mal, do you want to know why I don't want you to go into battle with us?" I asked. "Yeah." Mal said. "Okay, Mal, do you want to know what happened to Jayden?" I asked. "Yeah." Mal said. "Okay, Mal, he... he." I started. I couldn't get it out. "I can't do this." I said as I walked out. John came after me. I was starting to cry. "Hey, how about I tell her what happened. You can give her the details." John said. I whiped my eyes and nodded. We walked back into the room. "Mal, Jayden died." John said. "What? How?" Mal asked. "Alyssa, she came to the shiba house when I was in a battle with the others. She had a sword and she slashed him until he was dead. But before he died, I made a promise to him." I said. "What was the promise?" Mal asked. "The promise was to always be honest with him." I said. Then I got the flashback from the time when I made the promise to him. (Flashback: Jayden and Ariel were talking.
Jayden: Ariel, I want you to promise me something.
Ariel: What is it?
Jayden: Promise me that no matter what happens, always tell me exactly what is going on.
Ariel: I promise to always tell you exactly what is going on, always.
End of flashback)
I know that Lauren also made a promise to him. She had to promise Jayden that she would be strong for me if he died, and she kept that promise. Eventhough his death was hard for both of us she had to stay strong for me. The next day the gap sensor went off and Mal asked if she can come. I looked at the rangers then back at Mal. "Okay, you can come." I said while handing a samuraizer to her. Then I turned to the team. "Let's go." I said. We run into a nighlok and fought it for a while. After I got hurt and demorphed Mal ran over to see the nighlok walking towards me. "Get...away...from...my...mom!" Mal said as she turned into a wolf and attacked the nighlok. The attack caused the nighlok to flee. Then Mal ran over to me. "Are you okay mom?" Mal asked. "Yeah, I'm okay." I said as I got up. I was able to glance over at Mal when I got knocked down. That's when I found out what she was hiding from me. She can turn into a wolf, just like me. When we got back John and I were talking. "Did you know about this?" John asked. "No, I didn't know about this." I said. "So, she was hiding the wolf form this whole time." John said. I never really thought that Mal could have a power like that. I needed more answers about this so I decided to ask Mal if she knew that she had it. She didn't know that she had that power until she turned into a wolf. I knew that I might have to tell her the story about how I got the power and how it got passed down to her, but that's only if she asks about it.