Chapter 8 Ariel finds out how Jayden died

It's been a while since I have talked to Matthew face to face. The last time I talked to him was before the final battle against Decker. I ran into him a few days ago. I decided to go talk to him. "Hey Matthew." I said. "Hey, what's up?" Matthew said. "Not much." I said. "Ariel, there's something that I want to tell you. I just don't know how to put it." Matthew said. "What is it?" I asked. Matthew took a deep breath. "Okay, Ariel, do you want to know how Jayden died?" Matthew asked. "Yeah, my sister wouldn't tell me anything." I said. "Okay, Alyssa and I killed him." Matthew said. "What?" I asked. "Ariel, just listen. I didn't want to do it but Alyssa forced me to do it with her." Matthew said. "That bitch must be stopped before she hurts or kills anyone else." I said. "Well, I was wondering if I could stay with you guys. I don't want Alyssa to force me to do something that I don't want to do anymore." Matthew said. "How about this, you can stay with us for a while but if you do anything stupid then you have to leave, okay?" I said. "What do you mean by stupid?" Matthew said. I gave him this look that I would usually give someone when they knew what I meant when I told them to not do anything stupid. "Oh, right." Matthew said. The next day I went over a plan with Matthew. The plan to take down Alyssa. "I don't know about that Ariel. Seems a little risky to me." Matthew said. "Risky or not it's worth a try." I said. The next day I went out with Matthew to take down Alyssa. Alyssa started to attack us when I told Matthew to get behind me. The rest of the team showed up with Lauren and got behind me. "It's between you and me Alyssa." I said. Then I did a spell that I was working on. "The strength of evil is good as none when stand before nine hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none when stand before nine hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none when stand before nine hearts as one." I said. Then it turned into a stareing contest between me and her. Then she turned into a small kitten. (Baby cat) When she turned into a kitten I blinked because I didn't blink when I did the spell. "What did you do?" Matthew said. "Just a little spell that I have worked on when I returned home to be with my family again. She's not going to stay a kitten forever." I said. The next day we were fighting another nighlok. He got my friends after getting me onto the ground. When all of them got hurt I decided to take both Robtish and Emily Nicholson on. "Come on, I'll take both of you on if I have to. Whatever it takes to protect my friends." I said. We fight for a while until Robtish starts to dry out and disappears. "He'll be back, why did you help me?" I asked. "Because I was using you." Emily said. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Oh, I think you know what I'm talking about." Emily said. "I have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about." I said. Then she pulled out my heart. "How... how did you get my heart?" I asked. "Dominic went to the house while you were sleeping and ripped your heart out of your chest." Emily said. "That son of a bitch." I said under my breath. We fight for a while and I got hurt. "That was too easy. This isn't the battle I want. Robtish's double slash took too much out of you." Emily said while giving my heart back to me. "Now go, you'll need to be at full strength to even have a chance against me. Red ranger, you will satisfy my hunger. You will give me the battle I've desired for centuries. So for now, I'll let you be. Until you are again at your best. Then we will duel." Emily said before leaving. I put my heart back into my chest. "What was that about?" Lauren asked. "I have no idea." I said. Then we got back to the shiba house. The next morning I didn't wake up. John noticed that I was under a sleeping curse. "Lauren, she's under a sleeping curse. I have to find a way to undo the curse." John said. "That going to be hard." Lauren said. "Really Lauren, don't even doubt your brother in law." John said. "I'm not doubting you, I'm just afraid that you won't find a way to reverse it." Lauren said. That's when John noticed the spell in Lauren's hand. "Is that spell going to work?" John asked. "It should. I don't see why it wouldn't work." Lauren said. Later that day they did the spell and it worked. The next day I was doing some training by myself. Lauren came out to train with me. "So, I was thinking about going through Jayden's things and selling some of the stuff." Lauren said. "We have to figure out what to keep too." I said. "I was thinking, what if we let Matthew have Jayden's old room?" Lauren said. "I guess we could do that." I said. The next day Lauren and I were going through things in Jayden's old room. When it came to ranger stuff she would ask me if I wanted it or not. There was a small wooden box with six discs and the black box in it. I opened the box and looked at the discs. Then I looked at the black box. "Are you thinking about keeping that?" Lauren asked when she came up behind me. "Yeah, I mean, you do what you gotta do, right?" I said.

"Yeah. You're right." Lauren said. The next day I was cleaning up Jayden's room. I was cleaning it up for Matthew. It took about two hours. Later that night I was talking to Matthew. He told me that Alyssa used her own sword to kill Jayden. "How did she get a sword?" I asked. "Oh, her dad had some extra swords and I guess that her dad, who she somehow resurrected gave her one." Matthew said. "So, she basically slashed him to death?" I said. "Yeah." Matthew said. "What did you do when she was doing that?" I asked. "I was talking to Lauren. I told her that if Jayden ends up dying from the attack to tell you as soon as you got back from a battle. Then I tried to stop Alyssa from attacking your brother but she didn't stop." Matthew said. "So, you were trying to save him?" I asked. "I felt like if Alyssa stopped attacking, your brother would still be alive. I tried to stop her by telling her to stop attacking and trying to pull her away from him but she was too strong." Matthew said. I didn't know what to say next. I went to bed for the rest of the night.