Chapter 11 the voices stop & Mal's singing

The rangers and I were battling someone who we never fought before. The voices are coming less frequently which is a good thing. The next day Lauren told me to go see what Mal has been up to. She thinks that Mal is doing something inappropriate and not telling her about it. (Aka: Having sex) "Lauren, Mal is too young to have sex with anyone. By the way she is not a slut." I said. "Whoa girl, I can't believe that you just said that about your own daughter." Lauren said. "So what, it's not like she can hear me." I said. The next day the others were battling and it looks like they found out their weakness. "I know I would find your weakness rangers and now I'll finish you all." The monster said. Before even launching another attack they heard singing. "What is that horrible sound?" The other monster said. "Wha?" George said. "Who is that?" John asked. "Is it... Mal?" Virginia asked just as I walked over with Mal. "I didn't know that Mal could sing." John said. The other rangers fought the monster. While they were fighting I activated a wind tornado. "Wind tornado activate." I said as I activated the wind tornado. The flowers started to blow towards them. "Keep going, it's working Mal." I said. "Ugh, so horrible. All right if you want a battle of the bands then you got it." The monster said. Then the monster felt the power of his music slipping away. "That awful music of hers is sucking the life out of my sound." The monster said. Then the others noticed the flowers. "Hey flowers, did Mal's song do this?" Joe asked. "Look, that's not all it's doing." John said as the satellite on the stage got destroyed. After we destroyed the monsters we went to the cafe and we took Mal and Ben with us. "Hey Mal, I didn't know that you could sing." John said. "She gets that from me." I said. The next day I noticed that the voices that were in my head are gone. I don't know how they are not in my head anymore so I go to ask John about it. "Maybe you are accepting the callings." John said. "You think that's what happened and why I don't have the voices in my head anymore?" I asked. "Either that or it could be something else." John said. "Like what?" I asked. "You're starting to understand everything that is going on around you." John said. "Yeah, I guess so." I said. The next day I heard Mal singing genie in a bottle. (Dove Cameron version.)

After she sang that song I asked her why she was singing it. She told me that she met a guy at school who she has a crush on. "Okay, who is this guy that you have a crush on?" I asked. "His name is Carlos." Mal said. "Maybe you should tell him how you feel about him." I said. "Okay, I'll tell him how I feel about him when I see him at school on Monday." Mal said. It was only Friday. Monday's were hard for me. On Monday Mal told Carlos how she felt about him and it turns out that Carlos had a crush on her too. Later that day I was watching Lauren as she trained. "Lauren, try this." I said as I did a combination of moves. She did the combination of moves. "Nice, now try this combination." I said as I did another combination. Later that night I was training with some new moves. I don't have the voices in my head anymore but I started to get the feeling that Jayden was right there beside me. After I trained for about two hours I got a hallucination. I thought I saw Jason but only for one second. The next day Lauren noticed that I was acting kinda weird. I couldn't concentrate on my training. I couldn't think straight during nighlok battles. Lauren noticed that really quickly and decided to talk to me about it. "I just can't concentrate and I can't think straight." I said. "What's wrong?" Lauren asked. I couldn't think of how to word my answer. "I know, it's Jason. You miss him." Lauren said. "It's more than that. It's my fault that he is dead. I should have helped them out." I said. "Ariel, you would have gotten hurt. Dad couldn't let that happen." Lauren said. "No, I should have helped them." I said. "Ariel, who said that Jason's death was your fault?" Lauren said. I took a deep breath. "Okay, this one girl named Alyssa said that to me when I met her at the foster home." I said. "Did she get to you or not?" Lauren said. "She didn't get to me. I countered it with me saying to her that I had nothing to do with it. But now, what if it was my fault all along and I didn't realize it?" I said. "Ariel, you had nothing to do with it." Lauren said. I didn't know what else to say so I just went to the youth center with my friends. They noticed that I was acting kinda weird. When they asked me about it I told them the same thing I told Lauren. Later that night I was training by myself when John walked up to me. "Hey, so Lauren wanted me to train with you because you have been training by yourself lately." John said. "John, I want to train by myself, not with anyone. And newsflash, everything that happened around here happened for a particular reason, but Jayden dying was the result of me leaving for a battle. I should have stayed behind." I said. "Listen Ariel, I know that you feel responsible for his death but it's not your fault. Same thing with Jason's death. Why are you blaming yourself for those two deaths now if you never blamed yourself before then?" John asked. "Because, ever since my great grandfather died, I didn't want to lose anyone else." I said. "Hey, remember what you showed me when we were young?" John asked. "What?" I asked. "You don't remember?" John said. "Uh, no." I said. That's when John had me follow him to a secret pond that he knew about before he met me. "Look down there." John said. I looked into the pond really hard and I watched my reflection turn into Jayden's reflection. That's when Jayden showed up in a huge cloud. "Ariel." Jayden said. "Jayden?" I said as I looked up. "Ariel, you have forgotten me." Jayden said. "No, how could I?" I asked. "You have forgotten who you are and so forgotten me. Look inside yourself Ariel, you are more than what you have become. You must continue to be the red ranger." Jayden said. "How am I supposed to do that? I'm not who I used to be." I said. "Remember who you are, you are my sister, and the true red ranger. Remember who you are." Jayden said as he started to fade away. "No, please, don't leave me." I said. "Remember." Jayden said. "Jayden." I said. "Remember." Jayden said. "Don't leave me." I said. "Remember." Jayden said as he faded away completely.