Chapter 16 Mal saves the girls

The next day I was hanging out with the girls when all of sudden we got attacked and captured. We were in Lord Zedd's dimension of doom. We got captured by Goldar. "Let us out of here Goldar! You're not going to get away with this!" I said. "I already have." Goldar said. "Guys, we have to get out of here." Virginia said. "Never, your ranger days are over." Goldar said. "If Goldar isn't stopped we'll lose our powers." Lauren said. "Don't lose hope you guys. Our team is still out there, remember?" I asked. Meanwhile at the shiba house John told Mal that the girls disappeared. "What do you mean dad?" Mal asked. "What I mean is that they got captured. They're likely in one of Lord Zedd's hidden dimensions. Ryan is in the process of conducting a sector scan now." John said. Joe documented where the rangers were in the last 24 hours. "Ryan, you have to find them." Mal said. "I'm trying Mal, I'm trying." Ryan said. A few seconds later Ryan found out where we are. "Mal, I found them." Ryan said. "Where are they?" Mal asked. "Just as I feared, they are being held prisoner in Lord Zedd's dimension of doom. Goldar is about to take advantage of the one weakness of the power rangers." John said. Meanwhile in Lord Zedd's dimension of doom. Goldar just lit the candles. "As soon as the candles melt, your powers will be gone forever!" Goldar said. Back at the shiba house Mal started the get mad. "Mal, you must control your anger. This is exactly the reaction that Lord Zedd wants. You shouldn't allow him to gain the upper hand. A true leader is always faced with tough decisions. He or she must control their emotions and act based on who has the greatest need. They needed you then and they need you now. You must face another tough decision. If you enter Zedd's dimension, you could be destroyed." John said. "It's a risk I'm willing to take to save mom and the rest of your friends." Mal said. "Alright, good luck, and may the power protect you." John said. "It's time. Samuraizer! Go go samurai!" Mal said as she morphed into a power ranger. Back in Lord Zedd's dimension of doom the candles started to melt. "In an hour or so the power rangers will be history and the world will belong to Lord Zedd." Goldar said. "Mal, where are you?" I asked. "Your daughter can't save you this time." Goldar said. Just then Mal showed up. "Think again Goldar!" Mal said. "You're here." Goldar said.  Then after Mal did a move Goldar kicked her in the stomach which made her go down. "Now I'll finish you all." Goldar said before Mal got back up. "You'll wish you never came here." Goldar said. Then they fight for a while. After a minute or so Mal kicked Goldar in the balls. The candles fell over. "Mal, the candles, hurry!" I said. "You may have won this battle but you will never win the war." Goldar said before disappearing. "Oh man." Mal said. "Mal, hurry. We're not sure how much longer we can hold on to our powers for." I said. Mal grabbed the key and unlocked the lock and removed the chain. "Quick, give me your power discs!" Mal said. We gave her our power discs and told her to be quick. Mal puts the candles back up. "Hold on guys. I've got an idea." Mal said as she put the power discs on the candles extinguishing the flame on each one. As soon as we got our powers back we decided it was time to get out of there. "Here take your power disc and go!" Mal said. Then one at a time we grabbed our power discs and ran out. As Mal was leaving Goldar grabbed her right leg. "Not so fast black ranger. Did you really think you'd get away so easily?" Goldar said. Then Mal kicked Goldar in the face and left. When we got back I walked up to Mal. "Thanks for coming to save us." I said. "You're welcome. I'm just glad that you and the others are okay." Mal said. The next day when they got home from school Ben was trying to tell Mal that she can do anything that a boy can do but she wouldn't listen to him. Later that night I asked Mal how her day at school was and she told me that it was good until some of the boys told her that she can't do certain things, just because she is a girl. The people that stood up for her were Carlos, Ben and Evie. That was when I told her that she can do some things that a boy can do. I also told her that she can be legendary.

The next day I was thinking about who I should choose to be the next red ranger. There's more to being the red ranger than just being responsible. The person who is the red ranger has to be tough, kind-hearted, and loyal. (I think there are some more but I can't find them.) I'm having a hard time choosing between Mal and Ben. Lauren is trying to help me choose but it's still a tough decision. I walked out into the yard and started to talk to Jayden. "Jayden?" I asked. "Yes Ariel, what's up?" Jayden asked. "Lauren and I are having a hard time deciding whether Mal or Ben should be the next red ranger. They are both tough, kind-hearted, loyal, and responsible. I don't know who to choose." I said. "Ariel, a true leader is always faced with tough decisions. Whenever you are having a hard time, or if you need someone to talk to, I will always be here for you. I was always looking out for you, just like Jason." Jayden said. "Well, what am I supposed to do to choose the next red ranger?" I asked. "Just have them compete against each other the same way you did with Lauren. Remember the scenarios that I had you and Lauren compete with?" Jayden asked. "Yeah, I remember every single scenario that you came up with. You also had Lauren and I compete with speed, agility, and guts." I said. "They also have to compete with those." Jayden said. "Okay, thanks for telling me what to do." I said. Then Jayden disappeared. The next day I told Lauren how we can decide who should be the next red ranger.