Chapter 10 the voices get worse

The next day I was training when all of a sudden I got another voice in my head. I haven't had voices in my head for years so I don't know why I am having them now. When we got done with training I decided to go talk to John about the voices in my head. "Have you ever had them before?" John asked. "I don't know." I said. "I think that you should ask Lauren. Maybe she will know if you have had them before." John said. "Okay, I'll go ask her right now." I said before walking out. I asked Lauren if I ever had voices in my head and Lauren said that I never had any voices in my head. Later that day John wanted to know if there was anything unusual about the voices in my head. "I didn't really notice anything unusual about them." I said. "Well, if anything unusual happens with the voices, let me know ASAP." John said. The next day I was walking around town with Lauren. There was a small park that is near the Carnegie museum of natural history called Schenley Plaza. "Come on. You love the carousel. What's wrong?" Lauren said. "I had another dream. Jayden was talking to me. I think it's a sign." I said. "Of course it's a sign. A sign that you loved Jayden and he loved you." Lauren said. "It's more than that. What if he's not dead? He could still be out there." I said. "Ariel, we just talked about this in therapy. It's been five months. It's time for us to move on, both of us." Lauren said. Then a woman asked us if we would like a reading. "Can we Lauren?" I asked. "I don't see why not." Lauren said. I walked over to the tent that was set up for the readings. "Dad would kill us for this." Lauren said as she walked up after me. "Alright, so how does this work?" I asked. "Shuffle and let the cards soak in your true self." The woman said while handing me a deck of cards. I shuffled the cards and gave them to her. Then she put four cards face down and flipped one over. "I see you've been lonely cause you lost someone who completed you. Always look to the future with a possibility that everything will turn out well." The woman said. The next day Lauren took me to my psychological therapy session. "I don't get why we have to do this once every month." I said. "Well, at least your therapist gave you a choice whether you wanted to do it once every other week, every week, or once a month. Ever since Jayden died you needed help." Lauren said. "Don't you bring up what happened to him while I was in battle!" I said. "Geez, you really need to calm down. Unless you want me to get Emily Nicholson." Lauren said. That shut me up. When we got called in we talked to the therapist. I was also suffering from anxiety. The anxiety was being reduced but I still need some psychological help. After my therapy session we went back home. Later that night I noticed that the voices were coming more frequently. "What is going on?" I asked myself. The next day I told John that the voices were coming more frequently now. "You might be getting a calling." John said. "A calling, what do you mean?" I asked. "Well, remember in manifest that some of the characters were getting callings telling them what to do?" John said. "Uh, I never saw manifest. But I did see some scenes from that." I said. The next day I was singing a song for Mal. It was Emma's song from power rangers megaforce.

Mal loved the song. I remember when my mom used to sing it to me when I couldn't sleep. (Flashback: Ariel [who was two years old at the time] couldn't sleep so her mom sang it to her. Flashback ends as the song fades out.) The next day at school I was at my locker and John walked up to me. "Hey." John said. Then my head started to hurt because someone was playing some music. "Can you turn that down?" John asked. Then the people playing the music turned it down. "Thanks." John said. The people playing the music walked away. Then he turned to me. "Want to go grab a froyo after school?" John asked. "Maybe some other time. All I need right now is some peace and quiet." I said. Then I closed my locker and walked away. "Wow, even the songs that she used to like are affecting her now." John thought to himself. Meanwhile at the cafe in town Lauren is at the cafe with Virginia and George. After the person working at the cafe turned up the music Virginia was getting a headache. "Wow, it's loud in here today." Lauren said. "What?" George asked. "I said it's loud in here today." Lauren said. "What did you say? I can't hear you. The music is too loud." George said. "I said." Lauren began before asking the owner if he could turn the music down. "I have to get out of here. This music is giving me a headache." Virginia said before leaving. Then John walked in. "Hey, is Virginia okay?" John asked. "What?" Lauren and George said at the same time. "I said is Virginia okay?" John asked. "What?" George and Lauren said again. That's when he finally told the owner to turn the music down, which he did. "Now, what is wrong with Virginia?" John asked. "The music was bugging her." Lauren said. "Ariel was having the same problem. Except that when she is listening to the instrumental version of the songs she's just fine." John said. "Do you think that maybe the voices in her head are getting worse?" Lauren said. "Maybe." John said. "Maybe you should talk to her about it." George said. "Okay, I'll talk to her tomorrow about it." John said. "I will also talk to her about it. She's my little sister after all and I care about her." Lauren said. The next day after school Lauren and John talked to me for about two hours. That's when they finally realized that the voices were getting worse. "There's only one song that can stop this." John said. "I bet I know what song." Lauren said. Then later that night Lauren sang the same song that I sang to Mal. Whenever that song was sung to me it always made me feel calm. When I was really young mom would usually sing that song to me to help me fall asleep. Lauren might take after dad but in a way she kinda takes after mom too. I mostly took after mom. I miss mom and dad so much and now, Jayden is up there with them. I finally realized that Jayden is dead and he is never going to come back. I still need psychological help but at least the psychological help is helping me understand what happened and why Jayden will never come back.