Chapter 20 the truth about the wolf form

It's been a good week but I have been really busy. The next day Mal walked into my room as I was working on a battle plan. "Mom, can we talk?" Mal asked. "About what?" I asked. "About my wolf form." Mal said. "I thought that you were going to ask about it." I said. We sat down on my bed and I started to tell her the story. The story was true. "Mal, I didn't always have the power to turn into a wolf. I actually got bit by one. It happened when I was out for a walk by myself. I was only four years old at the time. I was walking around and a wolf came up to me. Before I could even question myself why a wolf would come up to me it lunged at me. I ran and the wolf came after me. I got cornered on a cliff by the wolf. I knew that I had to fight it. After a while it bit me on the leg. Then I jumped over the cliff to escape from the wolf. I still have the bite mark from it." I said as I showed her the bite mark. "Do your friends know that you have that bite mark?" Mal asked. "No, well actually, only two of them know. Your dad and Virginia know that I have the bite mark but no one else knows this, not even my siblings." I said. "Well, how did I get it?" Mal asked. "It got passed down to you." I said. "What do you mean by passed down?" Mal asked. "What I mean is that you inherited it from me." I said. Mal was a little surprised about that. I told her that the wolf form will only come out when she gets mad. Usually, when someone gets the power to turn into a wolf they can't control it at first. The next day the rangers and I went into a battle with Mal and Ben. During the battle the nighlok told Mal that she will never be as good as me. That made her really mad and she lost control of her powers. I went to go help Mal with the fight but I got hurt while I was helping her due to her hitting me with one of her claws. After the rest of the rangers take the nighlok down they had to fight the mega version of himself but I was too injured to help them. Lauren showed up and went into my sword to help them out. Mal and Ben went back to the shiba house. When they destroyed the nighlok they helped me get back to the shiba house. Lauren came into my room later that night. "Hey, how are you feeling?" Lauren said. "A little bit banged up." I said. "That must have been a hard hit that you took." Lauren said. "Yeah, but it was by accident. Mal lost control and when I went to go help her she accidentally hit me with one of her claws." I said. Since the hit was so hard I ended up breaking one of the bones in my right leg. I had to get a cast on it. I have to walk with crutches for six to eight weeks. I decided to go talk to Jayden. I went outside to talk to Jayden. "Jayden?" I said. "Yes Ariel, I'm here." Jayden said. "I don't know if you know this but today in a battle, I got hurt. I ended up breaking one of the bones in my right leg. I have to walk with crutches now for about six to eight weeks." I said. "Maybe you can help Mal with ways to control her wolf powers." Jayden said. "Well, how am I supposed to do that?" I asked. "You'll figure it out." Jayden said. "Okay, thanks Jayden." I said. Then I went to bed for the night. The next day I helped Mal with different ways to control her wolf powers in different situations. I also helped her by telling her what to do if her wolf form was about to come out. Later that day I was watching the team as they were training. They were just about done with training when the gap sensor went off. "Lauren, are you okay with leading the team for six to eight weeks?" I asked. "Yeah." Lauren said. "Okay, you'll be fine." I said. Then Lauren turned to the others. "Rangers, let's go." Lauren said. Then they left. This time Mal and Ben decided to stay with me, in case something happened when they are not around. Nothing happened. A few days go by and I started to get a little bit parodied. Lauren noticed that I was starting to have some trust issues. It looked like I was not trusting my friends as much as I used to. I wasn't even sure if I could trust myself.

I think that my paranoia is caused by me being isolated and I started to think that Alyssa is back and is out to get me when the others know for a fact that she is dead. Lauren came up to me the next day. "Hey, so I am kinda worried about you. You've been acting kinda weird lately. Why do you think that Alyssa is after you?" Lauren said. "It's just, well, what if she faked her own death. I'm just worried about what can happen if she faked her own death." I said. "Ariel, she died a while ago. Don't you remember that? Don't you remember killing her?" Lauren said. "Oh, right. Sorry, I just don't know how I got that idea in my head." I said. "I think I know what caused that. Isolation, right?" Lauren said. "Yeah." I said. Lauren then told me the truth about the wolf form. "It's said that if you kill someone in your wolf form they could come back if they wanted to but since you killed her in your human form she won't come back. And by that I mean back from the dead." Lauren said. I was actually really surprised about that. I never knew that about the wolf form. I started to trust my friends more and now they trust me more than they ever have in the past.