Chapter 25 Ariel's team comes through for her

As the kids were running away the nighlok faced me. "So, we meet again. Too bad Emily isn't here to save you this time." The nighlok said. (He means Emily Nicholson.) I turned to face him. "I'm happy to destroy you all by myself nighlok." I said. Then he sent the moggers at me and I fought them. It was hard because I was getting attacked from all sides. I got knocked down by some of them. I was down, but not out. I was hurt. That's when I heard someone call my name. I looked over and saw my team running towards me. I smiled at them. That's when I knew that they would not allow me to take nighlok battles by myself. They fought the moggers. "We're in this together, forever." Virginia said. "Yeah, your mission is our mission." Jane said. "She's right, we're not going to let you do this alone." John said. I stood up and had a flashback of my dad telling me that I must be brave. "I don't like putting you guys in danger but someone has to stop the nighlok." I said before they came to my side. "And I'm glad it's us." I said. Then we morphed into our ranger forms. We fight off the moggers and destroyed the nighlok. When we were walking back to the shiba house I was talking to the rest of the team. "Hey guys, sorry I left. I'm back where I need to be. I'm back with my team. Thanks for coming to help me. I think we should take the rest of the day off." I said. "Why don't we try something new?" Virginia said. "Let's go to the movies." Jacob said. "Yeah, that sounds great." Jane said. "How about a romantic comedy?" Virginia asked. "Fat chance, unless it has zombies in it." Ryan said. I thought to myself that the battle isn't over yet. "The battle isn't over yet, I have to wait to tell them. Good thing I have this team to help me see things through." I said to myself. Later that night, once everyone else was asleep I went outside to talk to Jayden and Jason about what I did. "Jayden, Jason?" I said. "We're here Ariel." Jayden said. "What's wrong?" Jason asked. "A few days ago I left the team." I said. "Why did you do that?" Jayden asked. "Because I didn't want to put them in harmsway, not after what happened with one of the nighloks." I said. "Ariel, you know that your team is there to help you. You shouldn't do things alone." Jason said. "I know. It's just, I was scared that they might get hurt really bad or even worse, killed." I said. "Ariel, they are just trying to protect you at times. Not all the time." Jayden said. "Well, what am I supposed to think? And how can I make it up to them to let them know that I really am sorry that I left them for a few days?" I asked. "Don't worry Ariel, you will find out why they want to protect you at times, one of these days." Jason said. "We know that you will do the right thing to make it up to them." Jayden said. "Okay, thanks guys." I said. Then I went to bed. The next day I went out to do some training by myself. Lauren went out for her run and came across the area where I was training. "I thought I'd might find you here." Lauren said. "Yeah, I like to train outside sometimes." I said. "Yeah, I know. So, about the final battle." Lauren said before I cut her off. "What final battle?" I asked. "The final battle against Master Xandred." Lauren said. "Oh, right. What about the final battle against Master Xandred?" I asked. "Well, remember when Decker separated you from everyone with a flood?" Lauren said. "Yeah, why?" I said. "I think that Master Xandred might do the same thing, but in a different way." Lauren said. "Do you think that he might do something to separate me from you guys?" I asked. Before Lauren could answer we got attacked by some moggers. The team came to help us. When all of the moggers were destroyed we went back to the shiba house. I was happy that my team came through for me but I still have to do something that will show them that I was sorry about leaving them for a few days. A few days later Master Xandred froze my family and friends except for Lauren. I walked into where Master Xandred has them. "Ariel, here to spend a final moment with your family before the nighloks take over the world?" Master Xandred said. "Just let them go. This could be over before it even started. You could have what you came for. My heart." I said. "It's a deal." Master Xandred said. I turned to face John. "John, I'm sorry, this is the only way." I said before kissing him. Then I walked over to Master Xandred. "It's alright Ariel. At least one of us will have the world." Master Xandred said. "Just get it over with." I said. Then Master Xandred pulled my heart out of my chest and tried to crush it but he couldn't. "No, why won't you die?" Master Xandred said. Then he dropped my heart. "Because her heart's stronger than you think." Lauren said as she walked in. "Lauren, what are you doing here?" I asked. "You don't have to be afraid of being alone because you never had been. Look, their song was inside you the whole time." Lauren said before playing part of if only. "It's not your weakness, it's your strength." Lauren said. Then I sang my theme.

"Looks like I'm not alone anymore." I said before Lauren put my heart back into my chest. "You should have done this the easy way. Because the invasion is still coming, and the final battle is going to be worse than you could possibly imagine." Master Xandred said before disappearing. Then Mal and Ben ran over to me and hugged me. "Mom, how did you do it?" Mal asked. It was the song that you grandparents gave me." I said. "What do you mean? What song?" Ben asked. "It doesn't matter. It's not important. What matters is that they were with me, they were with me my whole life, even in spirit." I said. Then I ran up to John and hugged him. Then we went back to the shiba house. Apparently me saving them was enough for them to know that I really was sorry about leaving them for a few days. They all forgave me for that.