Chapter 6 Ariel's nightmares

Later that night I was having a nightmare. Lauren came into my room and woke me up. "Are you okay?" Lauren asked. "Sorry, I just had a bad dream." I said. "Let me guess, a nightmare?" Lauren said. "Yeah." I said. "Do you want to talk about it?" Lauren said. "Yeah." I said. I told her what was going on in my nightmare. "Sounds to me like you are scared of losing me, John, and your kids." Lauren said. "Not just you guys, my friends too. I don't want to lose anyone else, well, not right now anyway." I said. "I know." Lauren said as she hugged me. The next day I was talking to John about the nightmare I had the night before. "Seems like you had a spiritual connection with Jayden." John said. "Yeah, I don't know why but I felt like I could always be myself around him." I said. "I never could be myself. I didn't have anyone that I can be myself around until I met you. You're an easy person to get along with. I feel like I can be myself around you." John said. "I wasn't just myself around Jayden, I was also myself around any family friends and you. It's just, I'm closer to my family and my family friends than anyone else." I said. The next day Lauren and the others were going to go to Rainbow's end. (Amusement park) Not only were my friends going there, John was taking the kids with them. I decided to stay at the house. After they left I was looking at pictures of me and Jayden when we were young kids. I remember exactly when each picture was taken. "Jayden, I miss you." I said to myself.

Jayden was always there when I needed him the most. He always knew what to say to make me feel better when I was feeling sad. He was a lot like dad. Later that night I had another nightmare. I don't know why I am having nightmares. The next morning I go talk to Lauren. "Lauren, can I talk to you for a minute?" I said. "Sure, what's up?" Lauren asked. "Lately, I have been getting nightmares and I don't know why." I said. "I think I know what's causing them. You've been stressed out ever since Jayden died. All of that stress must be causing those nightmares." Lauren said. "Well, how can I stop having nightmares?" I asked. "One thing that you can do is to think of things that make you happy. Also, try to find some way to relieve stress that you've been holding onto." Lauren said. A few nights go by and I still am having nightmares. The next day I was training hard, like really hard.

"Sis, you should take a break." Lauren said. "Lauren, you don't understand. Jayden is dead. You don't know how hard this is for me. I was chosen by dad to be the red ranger and now, I feel like I failed everyone. You, the rangers, my kids, my friends, and especially Jayden and dad." I said. "You didn't fail everyone." Lauren said. "You could understand you just don't want to!" I said. "It doesn't work that way, okay? You may not understand now but you will when you get a little bit older." Lauren said. "I wish you could remember how it felt to lose someone. To feel the way I'm feeling, I wish you never grew up!" I said before walking into my bedroom and slamming the door. Lauren sighed. "Okay, I'm going to get John." Lauren said. A few minutes later John came into my room and saw me curled up in a tiny ball. "Hey, listen, you didn't fail everyone." John said. I sat up. "I failed everyone, no one understands, not even you." I said. "Ariel, you have to believe that you didn't fail everyone. Why can't you believe that?" John said. "Because, because ever since I came back home I caused more problems than solving problems." I said. "You didn't cause more problems." John said. "Easy for you to say. You're not the one that lost a sibling." I said. "His death must be really hard for you." John said. "Yeah, it's really hard. I will never forget about him." I said. It was about ten o'clock at night when he stopped talking to me. He talked to me for three hours before leaving my room. Later that night Jayden came to me in my dream. "Hey sis." Jayden said. "Hey." I said. "There's something that you should know. Eventhough bad things happened you didn't fail everyone. I know that you feel like you made things worse but you didn't make things worse." Jayden said. "I think I want to be good." I said. "You are good." Jayden said. "How do you know that?" I asked. "Because, because I'm listening to my heart. And Lauren would say the same thing." Jayden said. The next day I was training with Lauren. Jayden's death has been hard for both of us. Since we haven't seen each other since we were young we decided to spend some time together to catch up with each other. After we trained for two hours we took a break. While we were taking our break I was watching my friends as they were training. "John got hit with the swords we use for training. "Are you okay?" I asked as I walked up to him. "Of course." John said. "Get into your opponent's head, use your instincts to sense their next move and feel their attack coming." I said before doing some moves with Joe and John got distracted. I hit him on the arm. "John always keep your guard up." I said. "Well said sis." Lauren said. Then the gap sensor goes off. "Oh great, another nighlok attack." I said. "You can handle it, I know you can." Lauren said. "Alright, rangers, let's go!" I said. We run into a nighlok named Rofer. We weren't able to read his moves because we didn't know where his next attack would come up. Later that night I did some extra training with Lauren. John was out training by himself. The next day we face off with the nighlok again and this time John had a good plan. Eventhough he tricked the nighlok, it wasn't enough. I was actually the one that helped him take down Rofer. Then we had to take down the mega version of himself. When we got back Jane told him that it was so cool how he tricked the nighlok. "The truth is that I did trick him but it wasn't enough. Actually, it was Ariel who helped me destroy him." John said. "We can do anything as a team." I said.