Chapter 4 Ariel masters the beetle disc

I have been training with the beetle disc for a while now. The next morning Jayden found me unconscious. He took me back to the shiba house and went to go help the others. He told Lauren to watch over me until he got back. Three hours later I woke up with Lauren right beside me. "L-Lauren, wh-where am I?" I asked. "You're in your room at the shiba house. Jayden told me that he found you unconscious out by where he trained with the beetle disc before." Lauren said. "Oh, I guess I didn't realize that." I said. Then Jayden walked in. "Hey sis. How are you doing?" Jayden asked. "I'm doing just fine." I said. "All that training is not good for you." Jayden said. "Whoa, screw you Jayden. I have to be the best and keep getting better. Now if you'll excuse me, I got some training to catch up on." I said as I walked out. I trained for about two hours and I just mastered it on the sword but not on the fire smasher. The next day I did some more training, this time with the fire smasher. After three hours of training, I finally got it perfect with the fire smasher. The next day the gap sensor went off. "Rangers, let's go." I said. We ran into a nighlok named dreadhead. He was mostly made of red fur. Our swords weren't working on him. That's when I finally told them that we have to use the cannon blast mode of the fire smasher with the beetle disc. "Are you sure about this?" John asked. "It's the only option we have left. All of our other options failed. Plus, our spin swords don't work on this creep." I said. "All right, let's try it." Virginia said. Then I pulled out the fire smasher and put the beetle disc on it. "Fire smasher, cannon blast mode!" I said as I swung it around in a huge circle before it turned into the cannon form of the fire smasher. "Guys, give me your power discs." I said. They give me their power discs and I loaded them into the cannon blast part of the fire smasher. "What's you got there girl, rainbow pea shooter?" Dreadhead asked. "Six disc beetle cannon." I said. "Useless pile of junk." Dreadhead said. He shoots at me and without thinking whether it will hit me or not I shot the cannon. "Final strike!" I said as I shot the cannon. It sent the attack back at him. "What in the world? My dreadlocks feel like leadlocks. This can't be happening." The nighlok said before blowing up. After that he grew into a mega version of himself. The samurai megasword was not going to be able to take him down so I called in the beetle sword to help us out. "Bettle blaster megasword, armed for battle!" All of us said after combining the beetle sword with the megasword. When we destroyed the nighlok we used the blaster part of the beetle blaster megasword. Then we went back to the shiba house. I haven't seen Alyssa since she told me that we're the same. I wonder if she moved out of town, finally. The next day Jayden found out that I used the bettle disc and the bettle sword. He walked up to me when I was training by myself. "That battle must have been tough." He said. "Says the one that thought that I wasn't ready to use the beetle disc." I said under my breath. The next day I was watching my friends as they practiced outside. As I was watching them Virginia knocked Joe down. "Virginia is usually the one falling down, but it's different when she has a sword in her hand." Lauren said. "Maybe she can teach Joe a few things." I said. "Are you okay?" Virginia asked. "I'm fine." Joe said. Later that day we were hanging out in the common area of the shiba house across from where we train when the weather is bad. Joe must have hurt his back a little bit. Virginia grabbed a package of frozen peas and tried to give it to Joe. "Here you go." Virginia said. "Frozen peas?" Joe asked. "It's like an ice pack. I was accident prone as a kid and it always healed me right up. Let me." Virginia said as she tried to put it on Joe's back. "No thanks." Joe said as he stood up. "You really should." Virginia said. Then Joe ran away from her and Virginia went after him. "Joe, come on it will make you feel better." Virginia said as she ran after Joe. Then she slipped on the other pack of frozen peas and fell onto the ground. The peas went everywhere. "Virginia are you okay?" I asked. "They're everywhere. I'm such a disaster." Virginia said. "No you're not, you were doing a nice thing." George said. "George is right Virginia, you're not a disaster. No one thinks that you are a disaster." I said. "I'm so sorry." Joe said. "No, it was all my fault. I was being silly. I'm always messing things up. I'll clean it up." Virginia said. As she started to clean it up she slipped on some of the peas. "Not again." Virginia said. We helped Virginia to clean up the peas that were all over the floor before anyone else got hurt. The next day I was training with my friends when the gap sensor goes off. "Rangers we have a battle to fight." I said. We ran into a nighlok named Negatron. He took emotional pain and changed it into physical pain. He was attacking people in the city. When we showed up Negaton told us that he was saying all the wrong things right. Then the nighlok said to Joe that his bike had training wheels until he was ten. "What?" Joe asked before getting flung back. "And you blue ranger you're just boring." Negatron said. That sent John flying. "You're turn." Negatron said while going up to Jane. He called Jane a lousy cook. That sent her flying. "I don't get how's he's sending everyone flying. All he's doing is saying mean things." Virginia said. "Keep your guard up, this one's tricky." I said. Then the nighlok told me that I was a red faced liar liar pants on fire, that I had a secret. That sent me flying back. It was down to Virginia. "Your words won't phase me, Ariel's got nothing to hide. Your just a mean mouth monster spouting nothing but nonsense." Virginia said. Then the nighlok called her an airhead but nothing happened. Then he called her a clumsy fool. Once again nothing happened. "Impossible." Negatron said. After a few more moves the nighlok disappeared. The next day when we went against him again Negatron called John the red ranger's little pet. "John, don't let him get to you." Joe said. "This isn't good." I said. "Let's find the mute button on this guy." Jane said. Then the nighlok sent moggers after us. Virginia went after the nighlok. After the nighlok said some things Virginia said "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." Then we destroyed the nighlok and the mega version of himself.