Chapter 9 Revenge on Alyssa

The next day I decided to see if Alyssa is still a kitten. I walked around town when I saw her. She was no longer a kitten. "Just as I thought." I said to myself. Then I went back home and told Matthew that Alyssa is no longer a kitten. "We have to get revenge on her." Matthew said. "Hey, I wanted revenge on her ever since the day she killed my brother." I said.

We faced off with her the next day but we were just able to hurt her this time. Matthew was talking about being a power ranger but the others were laughing about it. Matthew went outside and I went after him. "Hey Matthew, wait up!" I said as I went after him. Matthew stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. "What do you want?" Matthew said. "You promised to train with me." I said. "Aren't you going to laugh at my idea too?" Matthew said. "I think it's a great idea, no matter what the others say." I said. "It's terrible, I might get hurt really bad." Matthew said. "You understand the risks. Any ranger would consider themselves lucky to have you by their side." I said. "Yeah? I wasn't lucky today, was I?" Matthew said. Then I sang there's always tomorrow from Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.

The next day I was training with Lauren and Matthew was watching us. After Lauren and I trained for a while I talked to Matthew. "Nice moves Ariel, I wish that I was just as good as you and your friends." Matthew said. The next day I trained with him. He hasn't changed a bit. He is as energetic as ever. After we trained the gap sensor went off. Matthew wanted to come along. "John is right. This isn't little kid stuff anymore. I'm so sorry but you're not really a samurai and we don't need a seventh ranger." I said. "But" Matthew began before I cut him off. "I'm sorry." I said as I turned away. Then I faced my team. "Let's go." I said. Then we left. When we got back Lauren wanted to do more training with me. I needed a break. The next day I was training with John. "It must have been hard for you. Having you to send your friend away like that." John said. "I had no choice. He's not a real samurai. Like you said, having him around could be dangerous not just for him but for us too." I said. "You've known Matthew forever. The idea of him getting hurt must bother you." John said. "Of course. He's my friend." I said. "Leading us on dangerous missions is hard on you but putting an old friend like him at risk too, that's too much pressure huh? I hit the nail on the head, didn't I?" John said. "Think what you want." I said. Then Matthew walked up to us. "He is right and you know it. Why do you have to be so stubborn Ariel? I know the risks, you need my help." Matthew said. "Matthew, we already talked about this." I said. Then Virginia and George walked out. "We're saving the world here. How can an extra ranger not help?" George said. "Look guys." I said before getting cut off by Virginia. "Ariel, Matthew accepts the risks just like all of us. You're our leader but that doesn't make you responsible for what we choose to do." Virginia said. "Well said girl." Matthew said. "I'm not sure I can." I began before getting cut off by Joe. "Ariel, he doesn't have the training but I have to admit we can use the help. I say we give him a chance." Joe said. "That's right, I've trained myself quite." Matthew said before the gap sensor cut him off. "Please, let me have my samuraizer." Matthew said. (Flashback: Ariel and Matthew are talking.
YOUNG ARIEL: Remember we'll always be friends no matter how far away we are from each other.
YOUNG MATTHEW: Alright, I'll keep training and when you become a ranger I'll come back and be a ranger too, okay?
YOUNG ARIEL: Okay.
End of flashback)
"I won't let you down. This has been my dream. It always has been." Matthew said. "Matthew, you are the seventh samurai ranger." I said as I handed his samuraizer to him. "Alright, you won't regret this." Matthew said. "Let's go." I said. We ran into a nighlok and Alyssa. "Let's do it guys." I said. We destroyed the nighlok but Alyssa got out of there really fast. I ran into her the next day. "Hey, why were you with the nighlok?" I asked. "I got captured by the nighlok." Alyssa said. "I don't believe you, and I'll never believe you again. You are so going to pay for killing my brother." I said before she walked away. The next day the rangers and I ran into Alyssa. We fought her for a while and we were able to take her down. Later that day I went to the youth center with Matthew for youth group. After youth group we went back home. Later that night I was training with Lauren. We have been doing a lot of late night training lately. The next day I was working on a battle plan to use against Emily and her friends. "We need a plan to take down Emily." John said as he walked into my room. "I'm working on a battle plan for that right now." I said. Then John looked over my shoulder to look at the battle plan that I am working on. Later that night I was training by myself. The moves that I wanted to use were the same moves that Casey learned while doing things for RJ.

The next day I was walking around town when all of a sudden I started to get the feeling that someone was watching me. I looked around but didn't see anyone. Later that day I sensed a nighlok and almost hit Lauren in the nose with my sword. "Sorry Lauren, I don't know what just happened." I said. "How about you go splash some cold water on your face?" John asked. "Okay." I said. I went to the bathroom and splashed some cold water on my face. That's when I noticed that the whole nighlok sensing thing stopped. "It's gone." I said to myself. The next day I was walking around town when I sensed the nighlok again. I was on the beach so I went into the ocean. When the nighlok came I jumped out of the water and turned to face him. I told the nighlok how I was able to avoid feeling like he was around. I fought the nighlok and destroyed it all by myself. It was a tough battle but I got it out of the way. Later that night I went out into the yard and looked up at the stars. It was a cool night with a clear night sky. I took a deep breath. "Shine on big bro." I said. Then I turned around and before I walked into the house I heard Jayden's voice. I didn't know what was going on but what if it was something that happened in manifest to some of the characters?