46- Executing Plans

"Gusion, try to get some sleep." Granger patted him on the back. After drinking some tea, he had hoped that Gusion would go to sleep immediately. "Did that tea calm your nerves? Or did that maid accidentally send up coffee by mistake?"

"No, I'm fine." Gusion coughed. He had been tossing and turning in bed, countless thoughts filling his head. In truth, he doubted whether the plan would actually work. However, he refrained from asking questions as not to annoy his friends.

"It's almost midnight. We have a busy day ahead of us. You need to get rest," Granger pushed.

"Since when have you been so caring? Not long ago you were a nobody with a scar on your face," Gusion fired, annoyed at his nagging.

"If it weren't for me, you would've been dead by now. And the others too, as well." Granger said calmly, now blowing the candles in the room.

Gusion sighed, knowing he was right. As a male, he wasn't really one to truly express his gratitude to someone- he and the boys relied on strength. Still, he didn't feel reassured.

"I know you're thinking about her again. Good luck tomorrow, I guess."

"Good luck to you too." Gusion felt foolish saying it- it was like a teammate encouraging you to win a sack race at school. Sort of similar, but awkwardly childish.

And he wasn't really thinking about Guinevere about that moment till her name was mentioned.

Granger exited the room. He felt a cold gust of wind, then looked around to see that Granger had accidentally left one of the windows open. The moonlight shone through the stained glass. Thinking he needed some fresh air before he went to bed, he stood up and glanced through the window.

It was already around 1 a.m.- time flew by quickly. His room was overlooking the village, and beyond it, was an endless forest with various trees and shrubs. Somewhere in there, was the Enchanted Forest. The one place where he and Guinevere travelled, and nearly killed people because of it.

Maybe he should've sent her back earlier. But she was insistent.

But then he remembered the plan.

Did fate really want it this way? For him to meet her- only to lose her after a period of time? Was she just someone who was meant to be borrowed?

Don't lose hope.
Don't lose hope.

His fists clenched.

We're going to get through, no matter what.

He finally closed the windows and got settled underneath the covers. After a few minutes tossing and turning, he fell asleep.

He dreamt of a large, round weapon room. Swords, bows, arrows of excellence quality were displayed in glass cases. He tried testing them out, but his touch was repelled by magic. He thought of breaking the glass cases, but no such luck. Just when he was about to give up, he spotted a sword different from the rest. It was truly magnificent- it was long and shiny and had a ruby-encrusted hilt.

Gusion touched the glass case- surprisingly, he didn't feel any magic within it at all. Why would they place it in a ordinary glass case? He wondered. Then the glass vanished. The sword suddenly flew in midair, moving slowly until the sword tip was just above Gusion's head, as if it had found a new owner. For a few seconds, his face glowed with pride.

The sword suddenly dropped from above, splitting his head into half. Gusion's dead body fell facefirst into a puddle of blood.

"Wake Up!"

Gusion woke at last, glad it was just a dream. Odette, Lancelot, Lesley, and Granger stood over his bed, fully dressed and ready to go.

"Hurry up. We have to get there in an hour." Lesley said grouchily. "Odette's swans are horribly spoiled and absolutely refuses to let us ride on its swan cart, but since this is an emergency, we fed them rare Algernis Nuts so they can let us hop on."