10- Meeting Harith- and Nana

Colourful sparkles lit up the bushes, as if it were a Christmas tree they were decorating. It gave a peaceful, cheery effect which was both pleasing, and oddly, creepy, to Guinevere's eyes.

She grabbed Gusion's arm. "Hey... what...," Gusion mumbled, lost in the colourful, dreamlike scene. Guinevere voiced out something that has been worrying lately.

"Are you sure this is it? You know, they might be predators coming in for a good lure... I heard about chimaeras and demons and stuff," Guinevere fretted worriedly, her eyes darting between the trees and the rainbow light it seemed to emit. "So no wonder I'm worrying about- oh!"

Little furry ears popped out behind the bushes, then a head, and a body... then finally, strange creatures stared at them eerily, with furry cat ears, bushy tails, and skin that seemed to shine a dazzling light. Sparks flew from their fingers, and both Guinevere and Gusion knew- these little forest creatures were mages.

Then the creatures blinked. Once you got over the brightness of it all, the general effect was quite pleasant. They didn't seem eerie anymore, with their cute smiles and bright eyes beckoning you to get a closer look.

Guinevere sighed, never had witnessed a sight so beautiful and magnificent, a place away from horror and danger.

But Gusion snorted. "Guinevere, why would you be afraid of... furries?! Of cats?!"

Guinevere scowled heavily. "They're not cats!" She said with great emphasis on the "not". "As far as I know, they're highly skilled mages, and God forbid you to make odious comments about them before they kick your ass-"

She stopped. Too late.

These creatures, faces recently filled with happiness, now turned into black scowls. Their lips curving with hatred, their eyes glinting with mischief, they fired blasts of light to Gusion and Guinevere, stinging them with every shot. The pair tried to fight back, but they were woefully outnumbered. "Ow! Ow! Ow!" Gusion and Guinevere squeaked in unison as they wove and ducked from the spells shot at them, shocked at the fact these creatures could transform from sweet, innocent creatures to fierce, battling mages. When things couldn't seem to get any worse, a creature tossed two objects they couldn't make out. Guinevere and Gusion braced for the impact, fearing the worst-

Then came out two blue penguins.

"Aww, so adorable, cute penguin!" Gusion sighed in relief as he and Guinevere inches closer to the penguins. "Good thing it's nothing worse than being shot in the asshole with yellow light-"

Poof! The penguins lunged and Gusion and Guinevere turned into penguins.

"What the hell?! Who knew penguins have secret powers?!" Guinevere exclaimed in surprise. "Holy shit!"

As they slowly reverted back to human, someone let off an explosion of pink which immobilised them for a few seconds. Their shoulders aching, legs losing strength, Gusion and Guinevere raised their hands in surrender, wishing for the battle to stop.

"Ah! Cowardly soldiers! Come to insult our race and crawled back into their rock!" Someone exclaimed mockingly, pointing at the two strangers.

Gusion and Guinevere looked at each other. Who was the leader of these  creatures?

              ————      ————

Their attacker was a furry creature with pink glittering skin. With matching hair and clothes, she would have easily blended in with the pink roses giving off an attractive, fragrant scent. Guinevere made a mental note to pick a bouquet of these to put in her hair- if they escaped this pink furry creature alive.