3- Permission

AUTHORS NOTE: Ok I'm too excited on making a story, I'll just make another chapter. Even if there's no feedback. This is a pretty short chapter for me. Hehehehe

Guinevere set her plan early in the morning the next day. She chose to contact a maid, since if she asked her father, it would look obvious. Leodegrance can read his daughter's mind better than any other man.

Luckily, a maid was passing by.

"Marian!" Guinevere caught up with a maid in pastel robes. Her hair was tied up in a neat bun, and her face was filled with arrogant expression.

"Yes, dear?" Guinevere's stewardess replied.

"Marian, I want to explore the village." Guinevere said firmly. Her stewardess raised her eyebrows.

The stewardess found the request strange as the nearby village smelled of dirty hogs, and it looked forlorn and abandoned. Maybe, just maybe, this girl has some plan in mind. she thought.

So she tapped her chin. "Perhaps I could ask your father. But it's such a long, dreary road down the village. I'm not sure if he'll permit you. Hogwash and filth resides in that nasty, filthy village.

"I shall contact you about his reply, Princess Guinevere." Then she walked away at a brisk pace, exactly how when Guinevere ran into her.

Guinevere sighed. If only it didn't involve her father. Then her plan will be all set in just a few hours.

Guinevere tried her best to please her father. She attended the meeting with the Paxleys and didn't complain. She even attempted a conversation with the young man and shook his hands (which resulted in a spilled bottle of champagne and Guinevere mopping up her dress). She didn't complain about the food served in the banquet hall (even though the most of the meals were served last night). Guinevere tried her best to please her father, and controlled her temper so she can't add to his problems (for once).

"I've never seen you like this before," King Leodegrance mused. "Has something happened?" Guinevere just kept smiling. If she let out her temper, it would give her plan away. The King laughed at his own joke.

"So... have some plan coming? Or meeting some fiancé the Paxleys aren't aware of?"

"No, Dad," Guinevere replied, crossing her fingers behind her back. "I want to meet some friend."

"Strange place to meet a friend," Leodegrance commented, "but okay..."

Maid Marian knocked on Guinevere's door around noon. She informed her, "Your father agreed with a condition that I shall be your companion. Goodness knows he trusts no one anymore- except me."

Guinevere snorted. "Of course he trusts his daughter. I'm Miss Violet of the Baroque Royals, princess and soon queen of this kingdom -even if I were to be married to some clumsy Paxley." She added reluctantly.

Maid Marian raised her eyebrows. "Then why didn't Leodegrance let you off on your own?"

Guinevere's voice faltered. "Because- because-"

"Given your audible outburst that the Paxleys very well heard, I guarantee you, the King probably thought of you having a runaway plan."

Guinevere fidgeted. "So when are we leaving? Can we go now? Or tomorrow?"

Marian nodded. "I shall be meeting you at the palace front in a few hours."

Guinevere's smile could have never beeen wider. Her plan was set!