40- Accusations

"What in the world took you so long to get here?" Hanabi muttered as Fanny took a seat beside Kagura. Karrie nodded.

"Well, Lunox had arranged for a meet-up at the last minute, and she insisted I show up," Fanny began.

"That explains it, then," Karrie whispered to Hanabi.

"I'm not so sure. What's up with that tacky maid outfit?" Hanabi narrowed her eyes.

"Glad to see you prioritise Lunox over the rest of us," Eudora said sarcastically. "Have some lunch."

"Thank you," Fanny said as a waiter hovered over her, carrying a large tray of dishes.

"Now, what did you and Lunox possibly have to talk about?" Alice smiled craftily as she sipped on her preferred glass of red iced tea. If she wanted time to discuss her matters, the best thing to do was to butter Fanny up.

"You know, old friends, we talk about this and that, the usual matters," Fanny said vaguely, as she was fully aware that Alice was just looking for a chance to butt in.

"I was just wondering what those usual matters friends talk about." Alice sighed dramatically. "Too bad I have none."

"Now which half brain creature would absolutely want to be friends with you? Even your demons snort at the sight of you," Lancelot half joked to Gusion. "Seriously, this woman needs some serious therapy.'

"I can't see how you guys can be so terrified of her," Gusion stared at Alice.

"Just wait. Watch."

Gord glanced at his watch, then at Eudora. "It's nearing 1 pm now," he announced. "We need to finish handing out the assignments. Who knows how many latecomers are arriving."

"Of course, but where does Fanny live?" Eudora asked.

"Well, that's what I'm trying to find out. I've specifically asked the heroes to give their location so we can contact them if needed, but Fanny refused to give any details, and there's no use forcing her. She's a good assassin, though, so we can't just exclude her from the meeting. I think the files are at the stockroom," Gord said.

"Okay, let's go," Eudora said, and the two slipped out from the room.

"They're gone again?" Claude exclaimed in disbelief. "Now I'm really suspicious right now! They must be hiding something!"

"Claude, I hate to admit it, but for once I think you're right," Kimmy sighed.

"You said it," Hanabi said.

Alucard was frowning. "Something's not right," he said. "They say we have important matters to discuss, but they barely say a word and we get interrupted for lunch. And they go out all the time. Is there a possibility that they don't trust us?" He finished slowly, causing the words to sink in.

"Well, if they don't, why bother inviting us though?" Lesley asked.

"I don't know," Alucard slumped into his seat, loss for words.

"But this is a wide range of attacks. How could they not discuss it with us?" Wanwan said indignantly. "The hoods are coming from everywhere!"

"Well, if we won't discuss anything, at least let's talk about my problem," Alice said impatiently.

"This isn't just yours, Alice. But if you want, we can possibly send all the hoods to the Abyss as to keep the peace between our kingdoms," Ruby burst out, irritated. "There are plenty of hoods, and we don't even know who's guiding them!"

"Well, my schedule's packed for the week," Alice interjected. "Rumors have spread far and wide that some bigwig prince is going to get married in a few days."