8- Acting Weird?

Guinevere woke to the sound of blades slashing and air whooshing. Murmuring sleepily, she opened her eyes to see Gusion travelling back and forth. Back and forth. And back and forth again.

Her eyes squinted. Was this all a dream? she thought. How does he do all of this?

She jumped at the sound of her name. "Guinevere! You're up already!" Gusion exclaimed, jogging towards her and bending so her nose was inches from his. "Hey- If you don't mind me using your first name-I've been practicing my magic. So... Yeah, I'll make you breakfast and you'll need to get started too."

As he leaned, Guinevere couldn't help sniffing his hair. It was like an impulse! Even though he was shining with sweat, he smelled of... fresh flowers, cool mint and a sweet fragrance Guinevere couldn't make out. Sighing, she smiled dreamily, inhaling the scents.

Then she stopped. Are you for real? No, She was going to focus on finding Lancelot and avoiding the Paxleys as if they were big bags of dirt. Paying attention to this Paxley would just make things more complicated.

Yawning, she got up to her feet. Washing herself by the nearby well, she wore her clothes again. She frowned when it felt sticky and dirty- after all, she wore it for a few days straight! Surviving on the woods mustn't have been a real treat, she thought. Sighing, she poured a bit of water on it from her hand and went to Gusion.

A glowing blade nearly slashed her nose the moment she took her first step.

Scowling, Guinevere gritted her teeth, hands on her hips. "Can't you see there's a lady passing?! Pay more attention before you actually slashes someone else's nose open!" She screamed.

Gusion stopped, smiling sheepishly. "Sorry, Guinevere." He nodded towards a plate filled with fruit and bread. "Ran out of eggs."

"Hehehehe. Thanks, you're sweet," Guinevere giggles and blushed. Then she stopped and cursed herself, taking in the words she said.

Thanks, you're sweet. Thanks you're sweet.

A vomit of words. Are you insane? It was like she was trying to get Gusion to like her!

Cursing herself, she avoided Gusion's gaze and started wolfing down the breakfast he had prepared. Burping softly, she wiped her hands on her dress and stood up. Snootily, she faces Gusion, head high in the air. Gusion looked bemused, scratching his head like an... idiot.

"So, am I going to get started on training, Paxley? Or is it cancelled?" Guinevere interrogated.

Gusion looked even more confused. "We are, Baroque." He felt it would be unwise to use her first name at the moment. "Now come here if you're ready."

Guinevere obeyed and sidled next to Gusion. It took all of her strength not to get closer to him.

"So, what's your role?"

"A Fighter-Mage." Guinevere replied, remembering some of her memories back at the Mage Academy. "Do you use mana? I don't."

"Ah, I see," Gusion says. "I use mana. I'm an Assassin-Mage, though I don't think I should've been made a mage because of my exile from the Paxley House."

He winces at the memory, but he tries to clear the thought from his head. "So... can I see your skills?"

Guinevere shakes her head. "Can I see your skills first, Paxley? So I can learn a thing or two- I haven't been practicing for a while. Even Super Magic has been a real pain for me."

"As you wish, Baroque."

Gusion focuses his dagger on a target, then suddenly, he was transported to it. Next, he multiplied his daggers, then summons them back to make them one. How does he do all this? Guinevere thought.

Then finally, Gusion executes a perfect timing on a teleport, then dashes grandly to his right. He bowed with a grin on his face.

Guinevere couldn't help but applaud.

Gusion takes in her applause. "I practice it everyday," he says modestly. "It's the best way to expert your battle knowledge. Now let's see you try."

Guinevere went white. "B-b-but-"
She looked down. "I don't know! I suck! I've never practiced!"

Gusion looked sympathetically at the helpless Guinevere. "Sorry, Baroque, But you have to try if you want to survive."

"F-f-fine," For her first skill, Guinevere shoots an orb to Gusion's direction which made him slow down for a few seconds. Surprised, but thoroughly unharmed, Gusion smirked. "Nice try, Baroque."

"Hmph! Well, I'm trying!" Guinevere frowned at his lack of support. "Let's see if you find this impressive, Paxley!"

Then she jumped on a squirrel. Astonished, Gusion saw the squirrel didn't get flattened- but it rose to the air! Then she dashes to a direction, leaving a perfect doppelgänger of herself. The doppelgänger looked realistic until it burst into flower. Guinevere looked at Gusion. "That's all."

Gusion stared. "What about your ultimate?"

"Oh- er," Guinevere makes an attempt on the Violet Requiem. "I haven't been practicing for a while."

She rises to the air, with a perfect ring of magic orbs floating around her. Gusion grins- until Guinevere crumpled on the ground, gasping for breath. It was obviously a bad time to practice her ultimate right now.

"Guinevere! What happened?!" Gusion exclaimed, kneeling beside the young princess, who was stirring feebly across the ground.

"L-l-lack of p-p-p-practice," Guinevere stammered. Her eyes looked dull and her skin gray.

"I'm sorry," Gusion helps her to her feet. "We'll start on it when you're ready."

"Don't be s-sorry," Guinevere said weakly. "I'm weak- I'm vulnerable- I have no worth-" She heaved a great sigh. "I'm crummy at magic."

Then she collapsed into sobs.

Gusion placed his hand on her forehead. "It's okay... I'll get you some water."

He could not think of any way to say or comfort her. Taking a jug of water, he rushed to find some herbs. He thought of the strange way Guinevere was acting.

Thanks, you're sweet. And the way she sniffed his hair.

Gusion's eyes flashed. Is it possible that-

A snore interrupted his thoughts.

Gusion looked back to see Guinevere sleeping peacefully. With her arms folded gracefully over her chest and legs straight, she reminded Gusion of a princess lying down in her coffin. But rather than feel creeped out, Gusion found the scene peaceful. He leaned down on Guinevere and kissed her forehead.

"Guess our trip to Harith's is delayed," he whispered softly. "Sleep well, Princess."

As he walked away, Guinevere murmured softly, placing her hand on her forehead.

Useless chapter, but I guess this'll have to do.