19- Crossing Paths

"Gusion."

Gusion felt someone gently waking him up.

"Gusion... Gusion, wake up."

Gusion opened his eyes to see Guinevere sitting on the edge of his bed, holding out a steaming mug of tea for him.

"Gusion, we need to get up early," Guinevere said calmly. "It's a bit late now and we need to make a decision."

Gusion rubbed his eyes and glanced at the open window, which showed the sun only starting to rise. The sky was still orangey. He snorted. "Gwen, the sun is just rising. Its only 6. How long have you been awake by now? Besides, what decision? I don't remember any decision we were trying to make at all-"

"I've only been awake for, like, 15 minutes before you. Just enough time for a quick breakfast and a bath. Now c'mon, get up."

"But what is this decision you were talking abou-"

"Did you forget already? Gosh, I don't want to repeat it... " Guinevere said, annoyed.

"Maybe I did. Now tell. What is it?" Gusion asked again impatiently.

"Well Gusion, given that our lives seem to be at stake now, I think it's best we should leave."

Gusion suddenly looked wide-awake. "Oh yeah! Yeah, I think we should leave this place already. It's fun and bubbly and all, but I'm becoming a real headache to them Leonins and elves, as far as I can tell."

"You're a pretty big headache to me, too," Guinevere chuckled.

Gusion playfully swatted her with a pillow. "If I didn't know better, Baroque, I think you just wanted a pillow fight."

Guinevere held up a pillow too. "If you're challenging me, Pax- I mean, personwithnolastname, you know I'm better than you at hitting?"

"I'm up for the challenge," Gusion threw a pillow at her and Guinevere ducked.

"Hmph!" Guinevere said and she too threw a pillow, which hit Gusion straight in the face.

"Damn, Baroque, you seemed to be trained at this sort of thing..."

"Self taught! Now I think I feel tired again... I didn't get enough sleep, y'know..."

"Well, that's your fault for waking me up so early!" Gusion smirked.

"Because we need to make a decision! Gusion, I don't want to leave this place.. I feel so safe here... But we have to... If not, we'll be putting other people's lives at risk too..." Guinevere said worriedly.

Gusion sensed her sadness. He let go of the pillow and hugged her tightly. Guinevere smiled, feeling the warmth of his touch.

She kissed him softly." I love you, Gusion. "

" I love you too, Guinevere, " Gusion tickled her gently, which made her break out into giggles.

The door opened. Harith went over to them. "Hey guys, I'm sorry to interrupt your, er, morning discussion, there's just something I wanted to say to you."

"Say what?" Gusion asked as he and Guinevere sheepishly rearranged the pillows on the bed.

"I found a sketch of some random castle on my table. Nothing important, I guess, I mean, it's just a drawing, isn't it? But it seems to be addressed to you, Gwen."

Utterly bewildered, Gusion took the sketch from Harith before Guinevere could reach it. It was a castle indeed, and although he wasn't a very good artist himself, Gusion could tell that the sketch was very detailed and fine.