25- Miss Violet Strikes Again

"The V-Violet Requiem?" Gusion stuttered in disbelief. Could Guinevere, really, possibly suddenly  perform her third skill? And how did she manage to do so? When they trained at the clearing after he rescued her, and when they trained with Nana at the Forest, Guinevere always collapsed in the midst of executing her spell. So what sort of magic had caused her to do it successfully?

"I think I'll have to check up on Guinevere to see if she's not doing anything dangerous with her magic," Gusion said worriedly. "She usually stumbles while doing that particular spell. And often she gets a bit weak."

"I'll come with you. She's my sister after all," Lancelot offered. The two immediately rushed inside and up the staircase. In no time at all, they stopped in front of Guinevere's door.

"Er, the door's locked. Do you think we should knock, Lance?" Gusion suggested tentatively, but Lancelot backed away from the door.

"No way I'm knocking! She's always so scary when we were younger. Always finding out where I am. And testing her magic on me, which means I'm always knocked up in the air or being slowed down by those damn magic orbs. I kinda expect we'll be attacked by a shower of Super Magic," Lancelot suddenly refused, with a hint of terror in his voice." Please. Don't. Knock. The. Door. If. You. Value. Your. LIFE. " It was almost as if he had changed his mind about checking on his sister.

Gusion grinned at how cowardly Lancelot was being." Alright, " he said in a teasing tone, but cautious at the same time." I'll just knock gently, and we'll see if she answers it." However, he had barely raised his hand to knock when the door suddenly flew open. Swoosh! The door hit Gusion hard in the face. Startled, he backed away from the door too. Gusion noticed his nose get slightly painful, and he felt a gush of blood. Rats, He thought.  Just what I needed- a nosebleed.

Lancelot, who stayed far away from Guinevere 's door as possible and now fighting down an urge to run away, abruptly approached Guinevere' s room, much to Gusion's surprise. He stomped inside, too angry to be careful. "GWEN!" He yelled. "WHAT SORT OF NONSENSE HAVE YOU BEEN DOING?! He surveyed the bedroom." IT'S MESSY AS HELL, YOU NEARLY BLINDED US ALL WITH THAT FLASH OF LIGHT, AND NOW YOU GAVE YOUR BOYFRIEND HERE A NOSEBLEED! COME HERE RIGHT THIS INSTANT! "

Guinevere, who had been floating in midair with her magic orbs surrounding her as if orbiting the Sun, simply looked unfazed. She finally touched down on the ground and looked around the room."Oh, was it really that messy? I didn't notice."

The room was indeed messy. Pieces of parchment had been scattered on the floor. Random objects, like a flower vase and even some of Odette's dresses she kept in this spare bedroom, were suspended in midair. The blankets were pulled forcefully from the bed. And there were bits of magical particles floating around too, Lancelot impatiently brushing them away.

"And oh, where's Gusion? Is he alright? I apologise for the door hitting him. My magic sometimes gets too strong." Then Guinevere glared at Lancelot. "And my magic isn't nonsense, you idiot! Why, my Requiem can outshine your little sword. If I learn to knock you up at the exact moment, that is."

"Gusion's not coming inside. In fact, I think I'll just bring him to the infirmary," Lancelot said sternly, but Guinevere stopped him.

"Nonsense! I won't do anything to hurt him. Where is he?"

Sighing, Lancelot motioned for Gusion to come over. Gusion looked reluctant at first, but upon seeing Guinevere, he took a few hesitant steps toward her. Guinevere looked impatient and grabbed him by the arm. Gusion looked startled, as though expecting some magic sparks to electrify him that second.

Guinevere rolled her eyes. "Oh God, what scaredy-cats! It's not like I'm going to kill you all or anything." Gusion looked at her, unsure, when she playfully shot a ball of magic toward him. He jumped and went to turn away, only to realise Guinevere had slowed down his movement with her first skill.

Lancelot looked annoyed."Look, Gwen, not everything has to be played with! I'm bringing him to the infirmary right now." He turned to walk away, but Guinevere shot him a look so lethal, it looked horrifying. "None of you are leaving, and I do not intend to play with you guys! I can fix Gusion up myself." She grabbed Gusion, and instantly his movement speed returned to normal.

Lancelot snorted. "Liar. How do you think you can fix Gusion's bloody nose? I think you might have even broken it."

"I know how to do magic." Guinevere said with gritted teeth. She sent a little spark of magic towards Gusion's nose, and in a flash, the blood on his nose was gone. Gusion touched his nose and felt relieved. "Hey, thanks!" He exclaimed, feeling less frustrated towards Guinevere.

"Ugh! Why do people always have very little faith in my magical abilities! Isn't my collection of Magic Academy awards enough to prove it?" Guinevere whined, before spotting a broken mirror on the ground. "Oops. I might have ruined one of Odette's prized antique mirrors."

Lancelot clapped a hand to his forehead. "You little child of the devil!"

"Hey, I'm not that bad! I can make everything go back to normal." Guinevere protested, and she waved her hand. Immediately the objects floating or scattered on the ground went back to their proper places, and the blankets flew back to the bed. The mirror even uncracked itself. In less than a minute, everything was sparkling clean and back to its original condition. Gusion and Lancelot were speechless.

Guinevere glanced at the window. "Oh, so you guys had been having afternoon tea at the courtyard? I wonder why I wasn't invited? You know how much I love how this castle makes crème brûlée, you know, and I want a taste of it before dinner."

Gusion and Lancelot remained speechless?

"No word? Oh well. You goons better learn to appreciate my effort in magic, or at least invite me down for tea. Or you'll get a taste of something different you've never tasted before! Like maybe tasting a storm of magic orbs!" With that, Guinevere stormed out into the hall. Lancelot winced but said nothing.

Dinner consisted of roast beef, roast pork, steamed vegetables, and delectable potato wedges. But Lancelot and Gusion didn't come down for dinner. Odette glanced at the two empty seats in either side of Guinevere, and hesitantly sat down.   "Where did the two boys go? Did they eat something bad for afternoon tea? I wonder if they overate. I'm going to have a talk with them later--boys always can't control their appetites."She sighed.

Guinevere stifled a giggle and took a bite of a potato wedge." Nah, I don't think that's the case. I think I nearly scared them to death after my threat a while earlier. " And then she told Odette all about what happened in her room.

"Goodness!" Odette was laughing so hard, she was close to tears. "Those boys tend to act fierce while showing off their weapons, but magic always seems to scare them. Lancelot even gets slightly terrified when I cast my spells in front of him. I guess that's why he never comes with me to feed the swans. He gets reminded of my magic. "

Guinevere snickered too."I know right! I got them all weak in the knees. I hope they didn't get too scared, though," she added, only half-joking.

Odette shrugged and helped herself to a slice of roast beef. "Now I see why Lance loves meat so much--I never really ate much meat before. Anyways, don't worry. Those boys will get back on their feet in no time at all."

Just got inspired to write another chapter, lol. 🤦‍♀️💙