41- Bad Liars

Fanny couldn't believe it. Lunox had started this whole crazy plan, and now she was bailing on her. Yet she couldn't find the words to speak in her defense, her mouth felt glued and legs like jelly as Lunox began to explain.

"When news of Guinevere's disappearance began to circulate, Fanny went to me for help. She was her childhood friend, as you all may know- wait, you didn't know?" she exclaimed, as several heroes gasped in surprise, including Gusion. Lancelot was the only one who nodded.

Gusion turned to him."You knew?"

"Of course, she's my sister after all."

Lunox continued. "She had no one to ask for help, as Gusion and his friends didn't know Fanny well, they might not believe her story. Besides, they were wanted now for keeping Guinevere away from Arthur, so she decided that wasn't an option."

"Makes sense." Wanwan said.

"So she went to me. As I know fate and control Order and Chaos, I can give her an insight on what will go on in the future. I never told her the complete story, of course- I am fair and just and that would go against my oath to the Moniyan Empire. I told her that the wedding might bring great danger to the heroes, especially to his brother. "

Everyone looked at Gusion, and he simply motioned for Lunox to continue."Go on."

"So of course, we have to stop it. But it would be no easy process, and if we rush too far ahead, people might think this was just a story of make-believe. So we have to make a plan. Fanny suggested to sneak in the Baroque Castle and keep tabs on the Prince, and I disguised her as a maid to blend in the castle. "

"So that explains it," Eudora looked at Fanny, and Fanny blushed. "But why didn't you tell us earlier?"

"Let me finish the story, Eudora, and you will understand it fully. It is not like she doesn't have trust in you all, but we think the fewer people know, the better. We need to understand what's truly happening in the castle before we can spread the information.

"But that was one of the only details we knew, we were seriously lacking. We needed someone else, someone who is part of the castle themselves, not just a maid or a servant or something like that. And so we thought of Guinevere.

"Of course, we can't just go the Swan Castle and beg Guinevere to come back." Lunox paused. "We have to do some serious convincing, without revealing our identities. So during the hood's attack at the Swan Castle, I suggested to Fanny that she dress up as a hood."

"A hood... That's unbelievable! Hoods have magical powers... We would've distinguished Fanny from the crowd! How didn't we notice?" Lesley exclaimed, incredulous.

"That's the thing- we have to show ourselves to Guinevere and Guinevere only. So when you guys are still fighting, and Gusion was brought to the infirmary, I ran into her just as she approached. Fanny gave her the note," Lunox glanced at Fanny.

Fanny gulped inwardly and looked nervously at Gusion."No, no, he doesn't need to know that! We don't need-"

"Fanny brought her the note to persuade her out of the castle," Lunox continued calmly, her lips showing a hint of a playful grin.

Gusion's cheeks lost color. "What."

"Make him think you're on his side. A classy note, isn't it?" Lunox smiled brightly. "I would've suggested Watch out for the wedding or Come back to Baroque Castle, we need you, but it would just incite fear or get her more into hiding, won't it? Luckily, Fanny knew better."

As Fanny expected, Gusion looked angry and was trying to control his temper."So it was you."

"Gusion, calm down, they needed her to go there." Odette placed her arms around his shoulders, trying to restrain him.