29- Truth

Gusion found himself in an empty, circular room.

The walls were made of glass. The floor out of marble. Gusion had never remembered stepping in such a room, so he suspected one of the hoods had brought him here. Just great. He was either going to be burned alive, stoned, or executed for getting himself involved in his evil older brother's business.

Yawning, Gusion stood up and was surprised to feel so well and energetic. After the spell, he had assumed he would feel some sort of weakness or pain. Perhaps, like most people's spells, the one they had accidentally shot him was temporary. He sighed in relief. Thank God.

Gusion looked around. He was surprised to see that the room had no doors or windows. He could see only his reflection on the glass and marble floors. Gusion peered in curiously at the glass walls, but as he leaned in closer, his reflection was, little by little, disappearing, taking its place was six boys and a gray-haired man staring at him.

My brothers? Gusion wondered curiously. Suddenly, he began to feel warmth inside of him. It was the most emotional he had ever felt his entire life. He had numbed his feelings and refused to tell his closest friends about it, even Guinevere, for the fear of being belittled. Standing alone in this strange room gave him a quiet place to let out all his emotions.

But then there was something odd about the man.

His eyes were glowing red, full of hatred.

Feeling a chill run up his spine, Gusion turned to see his father standing, with one of his daggers in his hand.

He stabbed Gusion with it, and Gusion fell headfirst, drenched in his own blood.

"Can we see him?"
"Sorry, miss, but in his condition, we do not advise-"
"I don't care. Let me check on him."
"He needs some rest-"
"And you think he can't rest with us in the room? Just let us come on in!"
"Come on, can you let me and my sister in? I can promise nothing's gonna happen once we step inside."
"Alright then, but only ten minutes."

Gusion woke to the sound of voice ringing out from the hallway. Before he could fully make out who they were, the door burst open and Guinevere and Lancelot walked in, with identical looks of annoyance.

"Ughh! That damn nurse thought we were going to zap you in bed while you were unconscious. As if we were going to do such a thing!" Guinevere scoffed, taking a seat beside Gusion's bed.

Lancelot looked out the window. "Perhaps if you'd use a gentler tone, she might have let you in earlier. Well, Gusion, how are you? The nurse made it sound like you were dying-"

"Gentler? I WASTED 10 MINUTES ARGUING WITH HER! She was obviously exaggerating to not let us in. Gusion looks perfectly fine."

Gusion sat up straight on the bed. "Yeah, I'm alright--I don't feel any pain."

"Good, because the healer said you shouldn't," Lancelot said, ignoring his sister. He glanced at the clock by the window. "Odette, Granger, and Lesley's come to see you. Are you up for more visitors?"

Gusion nodded. "Yeah, sure."

At that moment, Odette, Lesley, and Granger walked in and huddled around Gusion's bed. "I'm glad you're alright. Knowing that it was only a stun spell, I knew it wasn't going to be serious." Lesley said.

"Have you been listening from the outside?" Lancelot grinned. Lesley blushed.

"Well, yeah, we can hear your voices, we just stood there by the waiting chairs and the nurse wasn't around," Odette said quickly.

Guinevere, who had remained silent ever since Lesley and Granger walked in, smiled graciously at them. "It's nice for you to come visit Gusion here," she said.