50- Reinforcements Arrive

The Blood Demons charged at the audience like bulls. The luckier people who were near the exit were immediately brought back to their respective carriages, while the people closer to the altar were confused and with blood. Amidst the chaos reigning, Arthur seemingly vanished.

"Let's go get to Odette." Granger grabbed Gusion's arm. "We have to go back to the palace-"

"But Gwen-" Gusion glanced back, breaking Granger's grip. Guinevere was nowhere to be found as well.

"We'll talk about her later! Arthur'll never hurt her- we have to make sure everyone's safe first!" Lesley shouted frantically, motioning for everyone to run away. "Let's leave for now!"

"How did everything get this bad?" Gusion muttered as he and Lancelot followed them. The sky was turning into a darker gray, and it had started to drizzle.

"It all started with our idiot father. He agreed to everything Arthur wanted and dragged us into this mess." Lancelot gritted his teeth.

"Enough with the blame party. We have to tell those guys at the Abyss." Lesley looked back at them, and accidentally bumped into Odette.

"Ooh! You scared me," Odette giggled. They had arrived at the garden near the staff area.

"Odette! Are you alright?" Lancelot noticed a small cut on Odette's shoulder.

"It's fine. Nothing serious, anyway," Odette smiled calmly. "I've sent a messenger bird to Alucard a while ago too. I don't know if they'll be here in time, though.

"Yesterday, Alice let them borrow a special chariot that could easily go from the Abyss to the above world through a crack in the soil. I'm not sure if they're still allowed to, but I do hope they get here in time."

"So what do we do until then? We're outnumbered," Lesley asked, looking up as heavy rain began pouring down.

"Fight? These Blood Demons look like minions," Gusion eyed the army coming for them.

"That's stupid! Aside from the Demons, we've got the whole castle security detail coming for us!" Lesley scoffed. "Better hide!"

"You've seen a minion up, close and personal, Gusion?" Lancelot asked Gusion in surprise, ignoring Lesley.

"No, but I've seen them in some library books. They sure do look scarier, but nowhere as strong as Alice. They're dead meat," Gusion grinned.

Lesley rolled her eyes and turned to Odette. "Please tell me when I should beat them up so I can knock some sense into these guys."

Granger chuckled. Odette looked thoughtful for a moment and said, "I don't think it's a stupid idea. At least, for now."

"Miss! We have to get you to safety!" Vivien shouted in a panicked tone.

"Let go of me! I know how to fight when I need to!" Guinevere kicked and screamed as the other maids grabbed her arms.

"I'm sorry! But this is His Highness' order! We have to get you back to the Palace ASAP!"

"AND NOW HIS WORD IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN MINE?! YOU CAME FROM MY CASTLE, GODDAMIT! DON'T BOSS ME AROUND!" Guinevere 's face flushed in anger. Then an idea popped into her mind. She took a deep breath and smiled.

"Now that I think about it, we have to get back," Guinevere beamed brightly.

"Are you sure, miss?" Everyone asked in unison, bewildered at her sudden change of mood.

"Yep! Let's go!"

Guinevere didn't know why she wanted to stay, but she felt like she needed to. She had to. And she always trusted her instinct because it was never wrong.

Arriving at the chariot they used, she let the maids climb in first. When the last maid entered the chariot, Guinevere closed the door shut.

"M-Miss? Aren't you going to enter?" The girl asked.

Guinevere ignored her. Before anyone could stop her, she blasted a ray of purple light at the horses drawing the carriage. Following her command, the horses began to gallop fast, causing the chariot to swerve. The charioteer tried to get the horses to stop, but he immediately gave up and let them lead the way.

In what felt like less than a minute, the chariot was no more than a speck in the distance.

In another chariot that was slightly smaller than the one Guinevere trapped her maids in, Alucard and Harith began fighting as two girls watched wearily over them.

"I knew that we shouldn't trust her!"

"You half-brained idiot! Who was the one who was gawking at everything in Alice's castle!"

"You came with us, so you made the same mistake!"

"I was assigned to come here, and I don't know why we're dragged into this mess!"

"SHUT IT!" Miya had enough. "I truly hate Alice, and I hate being dragged into this chaos, but will you all shut up for once?!"

"We're almost at the Paxley Castle. Odette and the others are in trouble," Shalixe informed them.

"Well, I guess we really have to fight," Miya sighed. "I'm not a bad person."

Alucard looked serious. "When we arrive at the castle, we need to split up. Shalixe, find Lance and the others. Miya and Harith, go distract the Demons. I'll go on my own."

"You fool. I don't think it's right that you'll be the one to defeat Arthur." Harith snorted. "I mean, he should be stopped, but I don't think it's right if you do it."

"What do you mean? It doesn't matter who stops it. I just want it to be over as quickly as possible!" Alucard argued.

"Well, I agree with Harith. Basically, it's just a family rivalry that spun out of control. It's up to Gusion to confront his brother. Help the people we will, but we have no right to interfere in family matters," Shalixe said.

"We're now flying above the castle. My God, those Demons are going ballistic," Miya remarked.

Alucard and Harith squinted at the scene below. From above, they can see Lancelot waving to them while the others were fighting against some Blood Demons.

"YO! COME DOWN HERE NOW!" Lancelot shouted.

"Lancelot, they've already seen us. Come help us now, they're too many!" Lesley exclaimed in frustration.

"Hold on... That's Guinevere, right?" Harith noticed a brunette in a wedding dress running towards the castle.

"It sure is! I thought she sided with Arthur completely," Miya said. "Or did she really, Harith? Harith?" She looked back to see Harith turn pale as a ghost. "What's wrong?"

The others followed Harith's gaze. "Oh my... that looks disgusting," Alucard said.