First Day

Tanjiro Pov

   I couldn't figure out how to use the showers so I just changed my clothes and went to bed.  I dreamed of being back home and being with my sister hunting demons, but that dream, for now, was just a small fantasy.

   It is 5 am and I woke up ready to train like normal.  I get up and put on a black t-shirt and ripped pants.  I grabbed my sword and grabbed some boiled eggs in the kitchen.  I quickly ate them and headed outside.  When I opened the door I was hit by a gust of wind, but still walking outside going to an open space.   

   Grabbing my nirichan blade I started to breathe in and out.  "Water breathing first form surface slash."  Swing my sword at a tree in the far distance I accidentally slash the center. 

   "Oh crap!" I whisper shout like I didn't just hit a tree and make a lot of noise.  I run to the tree and put my hand on it.  "It isn't the whole way through just an inch or 2 deep.  I hope it didn't kill it, " I mumbled as someone came over to me. 

   "Wow, kid that was really impressive.  Are you new to this school?  I haven't seen you around, but you did come out of the dorms, " this blond hair guy with his hair all pointed upwards.  "Well I am staying and learning here while
Mr. Aizawa helps me along with probably some of the other staff members, " I explain looking at him seeing he at least came over from the High School. 

   "Oh~ that's pretty cool man.  I am Present Mic I work at UA, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up helping with this case whatever it is, " Present Mic said pretty loud.  "The others are sleeping still you're being kinda loud can u quite down a bit, " I said pointing to the dorms.  "That's actually kinda hard because of my quirk.  Now that I think about it what is your name and quirk, " the yellowed hair guy said as I rubbed my head. 

   'Well, now I am in for it.  He saw me use my sword so now I will probably have to explain my whole problem.'  Sighing I finally saw something "I am Tanjiro Kamado and I am quirkless.". The guy looked shocked seeing what I did earlier it doesn't seem that I am quirkless.  "How are you quirkless I just saw you used some water slashing thingy?" Mic let out reaching for the sword.  I quickly put it back on my waist. 

    "You will probably end up working on this case, so I will tell you don't spread what I am telling you.  I am from a different dimension somehow I am here and it is now 2422 in some other dimension.  I need to get back with my sister and friends, " I tried to explain it briefly, but he still looks confused.  "How did you get here, " Mic said touching him like he might be an illusion.  I giggled a little because of his thoughts and aura around him.  "What I mean it is a possibility that you could be a villain's illusion, " Mic ruffled my head as I stopped laughing. 

   "I should head back inside though I broke or hurt enough for now, " I say pointing to the dorms.  "And I have to figure out how to put on that uniform and that red thing, " I mumble walking over to the building. "Bye see you later Present Mic, " I wave to him as he waves back. "Bye Tanjiro."  I go inside the dorms building and back up to my room.  'I didn't sweat much, but I should shower if I could figure out how to use it.  I could ask someone, but it is too early and everyone is asleep.  I don't want to wake anyone, I will worry about that later.' 

   I tried to dress the visit I could buttoning the shirt up and putting on the pants.  I didn't know what to do with the coat, so I just held onto it.  I grabbed a red ribbon that came with the outfit confused thinking they want my hair tied back.  I just took the tie and tied back my hair in a crappy low ponytail then looked at the time.

   "5:45... Let's see if we can find out how to work anything in the kitchen, "I mumble walking out of my dorm to the elevator.  I head to the kitchen and look at a big metal box that opens with no place for a fire.  "What is this thing?" I say a bit too loud looking at this thing in front of me. I start pressing buttons turning knobs on and off.

   I smelt someone behind me and turned around with a little bit of a glare from not being able to figure out what this box this is and how to use it.  "What is this thing and how do you use it?" I soften up and ask nicely to a pink hair and skinned girl.  "Oh, sure?  This is an oven/stove and you turn these knobs to how hot you want it. Then put your pot or pan onto it allowing it to heat up.  You put your ingredients into the pot or pan of your choice and cook what you want to eat, " the pink-haired girl said grabbing a pan and twisting the knob.

   I walk to the cupboard and pull out some stuff and try to cook burning it.  The pink-haired girl runs in and turns off the stove throwing the food away.  "Hey, you waisted the food, " I ran over to the trash can and looked at her.  "It is burnt.  Let's make it together and not burnt this time.  That also looks like something from this time and not the 1900's, " Mina said looking at my outfit a bit confused.  I sighed knowing I know nothing about this life and nodded, "Ok then." 

   The girl showed him the steps and guided him through the steps.  "Thank you- oh what is your name by the way.  Sorry for being so rude and not asking, " Tanjiro bowed as Mina patted his head.  "Chill it's fine we are all friends here. Other than Bakugou and Mineta.  Bakugou can be rude. Anyways I am Mina Ashido. Just call me Mina, "  she smiled brightly looking at Tanjiro eat.  "I am Tanjiro and yeah I met bakugou.  I kinda didn't make the best first impression either, " I rubbed my head. 

   "Really what happened you seem nice?" Mina asked as this sparked a memory from yesterday.  "Well I kinda lectured him a little and when he attacked me I kicked his hand away and hit him with the Hilt of my sword, " I sighed holding up my Nirichan sword as she looked at it in awe. 

   "That's so cool!  Bakugou is one of the top students in our class.  Can I hold the sword?" Mina's eyes sparkled as I handed her the sword.  "Wow~, " Mina turned it over and opened it slightly, and lifted it up and down.
"It is kinda heavy."

"Yeah, it is it is made from a rare steal."

"Cool oh and we should head to class and be the first ones there to get you seated and stuff."

"Alrighty, " I got up and cleaned my plate, and grabbed my coat and blade.  "Do you just wear things over your shirt?" I showed her my coat and she nodded with a confused face. 
"Yepers, you wear that over your white shirt."

"Oh, ok thanks" I started to walk to the door following behind Mina to the school. We walk to school and I look up.  'This place is huge and has other big dorm buildings too.'  I go in with Mona trying to remember everything in the school and where it is and up to our classroom.  "Here we are!" The pink-haired girl yells enthusiastically and a few people coming in look at us. 

   "Wow this door thingy is huge, " I walk over to the door and walk in noticing that a guy with blue hair is already here. "Hello, Mina who is this and why haven't I seen him before you can not let people here without permission you know that, " The guy ran over tho us quickly waving his hand up and down. 

   "I am supposed to be here.  I am Tanjiro sorry for any confusion.  It isn't her fault I don't know my way around this huge building, " I put my hand out in front of me and shake it.  "Oh, I am quite sorry.  I am Tenya Iida.  There is an empty seat in the back you can sit there for a few minutes till the rest get here and the teacher.  I will show you which one it is, " Iida said formally and he showed me to my seat. 

   I bowed over quickly and looked at him, "Thank you."  The blue-haired boy shaked his hand, "There is no reason to be bowing so much."  I nod and looked around the room and people started to come in looking at me.  Some people talked about me some came over and said hi and their names.  Some just looked and then didn't pay attention to my presence."  Mr. Aizawa came into the classroom and the room fell silent.  "It is obvious that we have a new person in here that some of you may or may not know.  Tanjiro can you come up to the front and talk about yourself.  I would also explain why you are here and your situation it might help people understand why your tie is in your hair and your buttons are mixed up.  Also, the fact you can't work anything here, so you can as for help.  I am going to sleep, " Aizawa flopped over on the floor and watched me come up.

   "Ok thank you, sir, " I walked to the front of the classroom and he sighed, "Mr. Aizawa not Sir."  I looked at him as he fell asleep after saying that.  'He was more lively when I first showed up.'  I took the tie put off my hair and looked at it as shook my head.  "My name is Tanjiro Kamado.  I have a long story of why I am here, so let's get started."

Alright, this was the longest yet.  If you have any suggestions or something for this story please comment.
~Anime_Moonlight
Word Count: 1765 words