The Little Boy

"Be careful there Kid, " a voice said holding onto Tanjiro tight.  He slowly looked up to see a blond-haired male with red wings flying down to the ground and placing him on his feet.  "Thanks, " Tanjiro bowed and ran off slicing the neck of another Nomu.  Hawks followed Tanjiro though.  "What is your name kid?" the flying hero asked he seemed to be very carefree even though they were standing in a massacre.  "Tanjiro.  Hey, no offense, but shouldn't you be helping you are a hero?" Tanjiro held his hand out to a limping lady and he picked her up carrying her just far enough away from the town square.  "I am helping with my feathers, but there isn't that much right now to do.  I have to record data for these attacks though, " Hawks flew around and above Tanjiro and he ran back and helped more people. 

"Ok, then.  What us your name, " Tanjiro said clearly seeming to lose some patients.  "Just call me Hawks.  What is that sword of yours?"  Hawks continued to question trying to get on Tanjiro's nerves.  "It is my Nirichin sword.  I have no time to explain the details, " Tanjiro dismissively says setting down some civilians and trying to stop the bleeding.  "Alright then.  I guess I am gonna head to the Nomu things and do some sort of action, " Hawks said sounding bored, and flew over. 

"Are you alright Miss?" Tanjiro said trying to stop the bleeding.

"I think.  Help my kid.  He was coming out of the store with me.  If you have to let me die, but just help him and find him, " The lady says with tears running down her face.

"Let me help you first I can stop the blood flow by tieing off the cut.  Then I will find you, son, " Tanjiro said tieing her leg off the best he could. " He is 6 years old.  Loves fiction and has black hair with 2 different colored eyes, " The lady briefly describes her kid before Tanjiro ran off.  A Nomu swooped down and tried to kill him.  He managed to get around it and keep running.  He runs to the market entrance where he found the lady on the ground.  There wasn't any trace for a kid other than a shoe.  The same size that a little 6-year-old child could wear.  He looked around and other than that there was no sign of the kid.  The only last thought he had was he ran and took cover in the market.

Tanjiro ran into the market and looked around he decided to try and smell the kid and he did faintly smell the kid.  He ran to the back and the smell got stronger.  He looked in the corners and the fruit bids, but Jo luck.  He looked down at the isles and was on the last isle.  Low and behold there he was hiding in a broken fridge that wasn't cold like it should have been. 

"Hey, buddy, " Tanjiro crouched down to eye level with the kid that couldn't see through his knees anyways.  "I wanna help you, but first you need to come out, " Tanjiro held his hand out and the kid looked up.  "How can I tell your not bad?" The kid said almost in a pouty voice.  "Would a bad guy wanna help you?" Tanjiro said giving the little kid a reassuring smile.  "Ok, so you're not mean?" The kid gets out of the fridge questioning his own actions.  "Nope, " Tanjiro said lightly popping the p.  "Are you a hero?  I haven't seen you before?" The kid asked tilting his head a little like a puppy dog. 

"Can you keep a secret?" Tanjiro asked as the kid said down on the floor right in front of him.   He nodded and seemed excited for what he was about to be told.  "I am from a different dimension.  I come from a place with big demons, and they are almost like those Nomu's.  "Wow you fight things like that every day?" the kid started to bounce around a bit with sparkles in his eyes.  "Yep.  I forgot to introduce myself I am Tanjiro, " The maroon headed boy stuck his hand out for the kid.  "Ash, " the duel eyed kid replies grabbing Tanjiro's hand.  "Do you want to come with me?" Tanjiro asks getting a small nod in return. 

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Tanjiro asks the kid who looked a bit beaten up.  "Not really,  but I did twist my ankle a hit.  I can still walk on it though, " Ash smiles and stands up.  He starts to walk, but limps and falls over a little.  "You shouldn't walk on your foot if it is hurt, Ash.  Let me carry you, " Tanjiro held his arms out for Ash.  "Fine, " Ash replies and Tanjiro scoops him up.  "Alright let's go.  Your mother must be worried, " Tanjiro added striking a cord in the black-haired kid.  "Mom?  Is she ok?  I left her outside when I ran away.  That is so unheroic, " Ash started to ramble and cry.  Tanjiro held him close and rubbed his head.  "It is ok.  I helped your mom and sometimes you move without thinking.  You might continue to fight or run and hide.  Either way, your brain is doing what it wants.  It is ok and you will probably be a great hero when you grow up, " Tanjiro smiles and started to walk outside.  As he calmed himself down at the same time and hugged Tanjiro tightly, "Thank you Tanjiro."