Chapter 10

I walked into the living room and saw Norman on the couch sleeping. I quietly went up to him and placed a warm blanket over him. I turned the TV off and left the room. I went out to the motel reception and saw Emma in there. "Elissa, hey how you doing?" Emma asked me. "I'm ok, and you?" I asked leaning against the side door.
"Good thanks". She replied.
"How comes your working at this time? And every time I see you, your always working here, don't you give yourself a break?" I laughed, but it was true.
"Yeah sometimes, besides it's better than being at home in the house. At least it gets me out."
"Yeah I suppose" I replied.
"Hey is Norman around?" She asked. "He's asleep at the moment." She just nodded and continued with her work.
"Why?" I asked, curiously. "Oh, no reason" she said quickly but gave me no eye contact. "Hey, Elissa, maybe it's a good time to go down to the sheriff station." Norma said as she came into the motel reception. I nodded.
"I'll see you later Emma." I quickly added before going back inside. I went into the kitchen to find Dylan but he wasn't there. "Dylan?" I asked raising my voice while I went up the stairs.
"I'm in my room." I hurried up the stairs and entered his room. "Hey, Dylan are you bothered to go out with me?" He looked at me with a slight smirk on his face. We were silent for a while. "Well?" I asked tapping my foot waiting for a reply.
"Are...Are you asking me out...on a date,because if so th-" My eyes widened.
"What?! No Way!" I said cutting him off. "What the hell made you say that?! What I meant to say was are you bothered to take me down town to the sheriff station, Norma said that it would be a good time to go. Since I haven't been out a lot yet, it would be a good time to get to know the place better. Besides, I don't have a car."
He raised his eyebrows at me. "Fine." He said getting up from his bed. "You owe me though" I rolled my eyes. He grabbed his car keys and we left.

---- three hours later---
What a waste of three hours of my life! It was really pointless. Most of my answers to the questions were literally 'I don't know' or 'No'. I hardly knew him...sorry i mean, I didn't know him at all! I've never even met him. It was just a waste of time. I doubt they would be able to do anything with the information I gave them. Luckily it wasn't all wasted because after that useless interrogation, Dylan took me to a cafe nearby. We sat and talked for a while. We got to learn more about each other. Dylan is twenty two, he has a job which is to secretly guard an illegeal weed field. Yes I know not the best job but at least he is earning money. It was getting late and we returned home around six in the evening.

"Hey thanks for today." I said walking into the house after him. He turned around and smiled at me. "No problem. Remember though you owe me again." He smirked. "What?! That's not fair Dylan! I didn't ask for you to take me!" He laughed as I saw Norma coming out of the kitchen looking very smart. Dylan's face changed instantly to a frown. "You look amazing Norma" I gasped. "Where you going?"
"Well Zack wanted to take me out for dinner." She replied. "He should be here any minute." Dylan just ignored her and walked up to his room. "Well I hope you have a good time" I said smiling at her. "Aw, thank you sweetie." She said giving me a slight hug. "Bye" she said, closing the door. I walked upstairs into Dylan's room and saw him sitting on his bed with his laptop in front of him. "Way to go Dylan." He ignored my comment and continued to stare at the screen. "Come on Dylan. he's not that bad, what has he ever done to you." He hesitated loudly which probably meant that something was bothering him, but I didn't feel like pushing it. I went to the other side of the bed and sat down next to him and as I did that he closed the lid of his laptop and stared at the wall opposite him. "Can I help you?" He asked still looking away. "Nope." I said, fiddling with my fingers. He stayed silent for a while. He turned on his TV and stared at it.
"So..." I began trying to change the subject. He still didn't say a word. "Where's Norman?"
"Probably in his room" he replied. Oh my god his face was so dull right now. But I knew how to get him to change it. I quickly grabbed the TV remote and changed the channel.
"Hey! I was watching that!" He groaned. "Too bad" I smirked. I flicked through the channels but nothing caught my eye. "Shouldn't there be something on at this time?" I asked. he just shrugged his shoulders. "I have some movies if you want me to find you something." I smiled and nodded. He got up and looked through his cupboard while grabbing a few DVDs from his box, while I sat there and waited. A few moments later he came back onto the bed with eight DVDs. He flicked through them. "Ok, for horror we have the conjuring or insidious. If your looking for a comedy I have 22 jump street or let's be cops or we can watch inception. So choose." I noticed he left the last three. "What about them?" I asked curiously, pointing at he three bottom ones in his hand. He gave me an awkward look and sighed.
"These, are...romance movies." He said raising his eyebrows looking at one of the DVD covers. "Okay...and which ones are they?" He looked at me before telling me. "Endless love, the fault in our stars or P.S I love you." I raised my eyebrows, slightly smirking. Can I ask why was that so hard?" I tried my best not laugh. "It wasn't. I'm just not really a fan of romantic movies." I smirked. "Well I am, so can we watch fault in our stars?" I said giving him my best puppy dog eyes. He looked at me, and if I'm not mistaken he was slightly blushing. But he nodded. "Well yeah you can but I'm busy."
"Oh come on, don't be boring just watch it with me." He rolled his and muttered "fine'. I smiled and got up.
"Cool, I'll go get some drinks and you can get it ready." I said as I walked out if the room and downstairs into the kitchen. I must say, this has been a very good day for me, two treats in one! I opened the cupboard and took out two cups and poured us some drinks. Don't worry we're not gonna get drunk if that's what your thinking.
I placed the drink back in the fridge and that's when it struck me. I found something peculiar. Beside it there was a small box with a white cloth covering it. I was quite curious as to what was in the box so i gently lifted the cloth up and opened the box. In there i found a bracelet. I slowly and carefully picked it up and examined it. I could have sworn I have seen it before but I didn't know where. It had charms attached onto it. One of a key, one of two love hearts one of a butterfly and one of the letter N. There was something about it but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I did know however, that it looked very familiar. 
"Elissa are you ok, what are you-?" I quickly put the bracket back and turned around.
"Doing?"
I accidentally caused one of the glass cups to fall on the floor and shatter into pieces, and making the drink spill everywhere. I breathed heavily and my heart started to pound.
"I-I'm so sorry" I said and immediately after grabbed a piece of cloth and wiped the floor. "I-i don't know what came over me." I felt him coming closer towards me and bent down. He took the cloth away from me and placed his hand in my shoulder.

"It's ok. Don't worry I'll handle it. You go. I'll finish off." He gave me a warm smile. I nodded but didn't smile back. I breathed a sigh of relief however for not catching me sneeping through the box. As we both got up I saw Norman enter the room. "Is everything ok? I heard glass break and-" 

"Everything is fine Norman you can go back upstairs." He glanced at Dylan and then at me before turning around and walking off. I too walked out of the room and went back upstairs to his room and sat down on the bed. A while later he came back and returned with drinks in his hands. He smiled at me and gave me one of the cups. He placed down his. "I'll be right back" he said leaving the room. Minutes later he returned with a large bowl of popcorn. "You can't have a movie night without popcorn!" He laughed, grabbing a few and putting them in his mouth. He came and jumped next to me on the bed and placed the bowl in between us.
"I'm sorry about earlier what happened downstairs" I said but he stopped me. "I don't want to hear it. It was an accident. Just don't say anything and enjoy the movie." He said smiling at me. I nodded and he pressed play.