Chapter 21

I stormed upstairs into my room and slammed the door closed. Tears continuously fell freely down my face. Without second thoughts, I opened the cupboard opposite my bed and took out my suitcases. I placed them on my bed and unzipped them. I began to take my clothes out of the cupboard and off the hangers and threw them inside my suitcase. Memories suddenly flooded through my mind from when I first came here. Meeting Dylan for the first time when I got out of the taxi car and him letting me stay here. The night I met Norma and Norman... and when she kicked me out because of my uncle- that's the night I first met Emma since she treated me with my mini head injury. Though, Norma had no right to do that! I couldn't believe it. All along I have been living here, not knowing that the people I was staying with were behind my uncle's death. What infuriated me the most was Dylan didn't even have the audacity to tell me!

As I continued to pack my belongings more thoughts filled my mind. I remembered the moment where I mentioned my step mum and dad to Norma and she tensed up like anything. Then the thought of the box popped into my head. If I leave, then I would never be able to find out what's inside, leaving my life one whole mystery. I would never know who I really was. A part of me didn't want to leave. I just wanted to stop what I was doing and just stay here. After all, it was like my second home and I have become so attached to these people. But then again after everything that's happened I wasn't so sure. Even though Dylan only found out a few days ago from Norman which I still have no clue how that had got anything to with him, he still shouldn't have kept this from me. Besides he's also proved that he doesn't care about me anymore. Sometime soon he would be leaving me, so I'll be nothing but history to him.

The more I thought about it, frustration and anger slowly overtook my sadness. I clenched my fists together before doing anything I would regret. I turned around and found a few hangers on the floor and the cupboard now looked bare. I wiped a few tears that had dried up on my face and walked into the bathroom. I grabbed all my things and walked in my room, towards my suitcase. I let them fall in. Minutes had stretched and eventually packing my things was over. I zipped my last suitcase and placed it on the floor. I stood for a minute or two before I scanned the room. It looked nothing but empty; like the first time I walked in when Dylan had showed me to my room.

I sat on the edge of my bed as I ran a hand through my hair.

I heard a slight knock on the door causing me to jerk up from the bed. I didn't even think about answering them but the door was pushed open anyway, revealing Dylan.
"What do you want?" I said, unhappy to see him.
"Look, just hear me out, okay?" He looked around noticing that I had packed everything and that the room looked empty. I rolled my eyes but allowed him to speak. I folded my arms and sat on the bed, waiting for the excuse he had ready for me.
He followed and sat beside me. I scooted up slightly away from him, showing that I was still hurt.
"Look. What Norma did, yes was wrong and completely out of line I know how crazy she can get, after all she is my insane mother, but after what Norman told me she did it out of defence." He sighed before continuing.
"Your uncle...raped her." My eyes instantly met his in horror.
"What?"
"Your uncle raped Norma." I instantly got up from the bed.
"No no no. You're lying. My uncle would never do-" Dylan cut me off.
"Elissa you didn't even know your uncle. Stop defending him. Just listen." He put an arm on my shoulder but this time I didn't shrug it off. His presence calmed me slightly. "I understand he is your uncle, he is part of your family, but that didn't stop him from doing what he did." I covered my mouth with my hand and shook my head in disbelief. I did understand what Dylan was saying. I had no idea about my uncle. All I was told was his name and where he lived. Not anything about him personally. So Dylan did have a point. I knew nothing about him.
"But why would he do that?"
"Keith was angry that Norma took over his property and he broke into the house one night and...raped her. Norman comes home later on that night and he finds Norma, so he hits him and knocks him unconscious. Norma must have hurt herself because Norman went to get the first aid kit and by the time he went downstairs...Norma was stabbing him. Over and over and over again." I could hear in his voice that Dylan was to some extent hurt. I honestly didn't even know how to respond to him. I was so shocked that he would do that to Norma.

"I am so sorry Dylan."That was all I managed to say. Suddenly all my anger I had on Dylan vanished. Silence filled the room. Neither of us spoke we just stared at the wall in front of us. Now I had understood why Norma got so mad with me and kicked me out that night. Now I understood why she tensed up every time I mentioned his name. Suddenly a wave of guilt had immediately washed over me. I felt so bad. Aside from Norma hiding secrets about my parents, all this time I was angry with her about my uncle without even knowing the real reason. No I may have not known my uncle and yes maybe he was related to me but doing that was way out of line. I felt slight tears building up in my eyes making my vision slightly blurry. I turned to face Dylan.

"I am so sorry" I repeated. "I never knew. All this time I had been angry with Norma for her disrespect towards my uncle...and now I feel downright horrible."He turned to face me.

"This is not your fault. None of this is. You haven't got anything to be sorry about. I understand you were defending him since your family and that's what most families do."Again I had nothing to say to him causing the room go quiet again. I saw Dylan slightly straighten up as if he had something else pop in his mind.

"Elissa. You need to promise me one thing."He said swiftly changing the subject, which caught me off guard. He turned my chin towards him. I creased my eyebrows, not aware of where this was going.

"What?"

"I don't want you to leave me."I looked at him bemused. He continued.

"You can't leave okay? I don't want you to. I know I said I that I am going to move out soon but I really don't know what I would do if I missed a single day with you out of sight." I raised my eyebrows, quite flattered with what he was coming out with. "From the moment you came you've changed me. I don't want this to be the end.

"Dylan I don't know."I said slightly shaking my head. "After everything that has happened, maybe I need to go, after all since I came here, everything went downhill because of me. Maybe I need a fresh start. Besides you are leaving anyway so how will it make a difference?"

"Because I want you to move in with us."

---------------------------------------------

Hey. I am sorry for not uploading had a lot going on these past few days and haven't had the time to do anything. Probably not the best chapter but hey I tried and nevertheless hope you still liked it.

 I also want to say from now that I am going on holiday at the end of July and unfortunately I won't have any WiFi so sadly I won't be able to update for a few weeks so sorry guys. :( 

BUT,  I will promise to make it up to you guys as soon as I am back. Luckily I am still here for this week. So I will hopefully try and upload a last chapter for you guys before I go. 

bye for now :)