Chapter 4

I ran down the stairs outside in the dark, cold night. I could hear from afar, Dylan shouting my name, but I ignored him. There was no way on this earth I was going to go back in that house after what just happened. I mean what the hell did I even do!? Suddenly a loud slam came from behind causing me to jump a bit. Before I could look behind I stumbled over a few steps. Luckily i wasn't very far down. I slowly got up onto my knees , and saw blood dripping onto the floor. My head was throbbing from the pain. I held my head and felt blood trickling down in between my fingers.
Fantastic.
I slowly got up on my feet and sat down on the first step. I felt my eyes tearing up. But I didn't know if it was because I was in so much pain, or because of what happened back at the house.
"Excuse me, are you alright?" I heard a voice say.
I slowly look up and see a girl in her late teens, looking up at me while locking the reception door of the motel. She had tubes going up her nose and the tubes followed down to what seemed to be an oxygen tank.
"Yeah...I'm fine" I said quickly wiping away the remaining tears that were still fresh. Some of them had dried up by now. I leaned my hands against my chin and watched the darkness which was in front of me. After she locked it she came and sat next to me.
"I know when something is up." She said, slightly rubbing my back. "Hey are you new, I've never seen you from around here?"
"Yeah. I'm not from around here I came today...well it looks like I'm going back now anyway."
"What? How comes?" She asked.
"I came to see my uncle only to find out he's dead... And Norma kicked me out after I said the name Keith summers." She instantly stopped rubbing my back and I looked up at her.
"What you as well? You all obviously seem to know something about him! I didn't even know he existed until yesterday! What is it with this Keith summers!" I realised that I had said that a bit too loudly because she looked quite startled.
"Sorry" I said, getting up. Before I could start walking, I felt a sharp pain in my head which caused me to lose my balance slightly. Before I could fall, I felt someone grab me. I realised it was the girl, because one, no one else was there and two, because of the oxygen tank. She came and stood In front of me, still holding on to me so I don't fall.
"Wow, that doesn't look so good" she said looking at my head, where I hit it. "Let's go and sort that out" she said and I nodded. "I'm Emma by the way." She said.
"Elissa" I replied. I took my hand out for her to shake it, but she pulled me in for a hug. It took me by surprise but I really needed one right now.

After she sorted my head out, we sat and spoke for a while. Time had gone by quick.
"It's getting late now, my dad will probably be wondering where I am." Emma said, packing the first aid kit. Once we got out of the reception, she locked it up again. Just as we were about to say our goodbyes I saw Dylan coming over to us. Without saying a word he literally ran and gave me a warm hug. God, did my heart melt.nI wasn't really expecting it to be honest.
"I'm so so sorry about Norma." He began. After a few moments we pulled apart, but his hands were still slightly gripped onto my arms. "She didn't mean to do it." I gave him a concerned look.
"Didn't mean to? There was obviously a big reason behind it. She couldn't have done this for no reason Dylan. She must have known Keith summers, I bet everyone knew him."
He sighed. "It's a long story" he said, eyeing Emma then back at me. "But anyway, I spoke to Norma, and I told her the truth, about this morning."
"What that we are together?" I said quoting 'together' with my fingers. Emma gave us a confusing look.
"yep. It's all sorted, don't worry you can still stay" he said smiling at me. My eyes lit up and I ran into him for another hug. But then I quickly let go. I realised that I was practically hugging a stranger, though for some reason, I felt deep inside we had some sort of connection.
"Sorry" I quickly said, not to show anymore embarrassment.
"What happened to your head?" He asked worriedly.
"Oh, I fell down them steps and hit my head." I said pointing at the steps which lead to the house.
"Damn. Are you ok?"
"Yes,I will be ok, it's just a bit sore." I said. I had been talking to Dylan the whole time, and forgot that Emma was behind us.
"Crap. I'm so sorry I forgot you were there!" I said.
"No, it's fine" she said smiling. "I'm going to go now. It was nice meeting you and great conversation you had there keep it up you guys" she said winking at me. I started to laugh with her until I realised what she meant. "No, wait...were not...never mind" there was no point in me carrying on because she was in her car by now getting ready to leave. I looked back at Dylan. He looked like he was about to say something, but then he took something out of his pocket. "Oh, I believe this is yours" he said, handing me an envelope. My eyes widened. "What? Where did you get this from!?" I asked confused but I felt a huge sigh of relief. "It probably fell out of your pocket i found it earlier and forgot to give it to you, but I just remembered." He said.
"Oh my gosh thanks so much!" I said hugging him. "I really need to stop doing that!" I say embarrassed, pulling back.
He smirked. "Shall we go back in?" He asked me. I looked at him unsure. "Don't worry everything is sorted, she can't hurt you or kick you out" he said reassuring me. I gave him a slight nod and walked to the house together.
---------------------

Hey. Ok so I have a really good reason why I haven't been able to upload. I've had so many exams come up but luckily I've finished them all so I am now back on track... Thank god!
I'll try to upload every three days or so. I'm sorry for keeping all you waiting.
I'll upload again Monday night . Anyway hope you enjoyed this chap and yeah continue to vote, rate etc...