Chapter 1

I clutched tightly onto the letter my stepmom gave me just before she passed away. It had been seven years since she died and i sill hadn't opened it. I stared at the handwriting which was presented neatly at the front of the envelope. It read To Elissa.

-----Flashback 7 years ago----
"Elissa, my sweetie I have something I want to give you" my stepmom Joanne said, taking me into her bedroom.
"Yes? What is it?" I asked eager to know. I sat on the bed and waited while she opened her top draw from her bedside cabinet. She took out an envelope. She walked up to me and sat on the bed.
"Elissa, this is for you" she began." But I want you to open it when you feel it's the right time, you promise me?"
I stared at her saddened eyes and I nodded. She gave me the letter and I looked at it. It had my name hand written on it beautifully.
I suddenly felt a light grip on my hand. I instantly looked up and saw her eyes filling up.
"Remember Elissa it's important you open it at the right time" she had said it in a more stern voice. Once again I didn't speak, just nodded. 

(End of flashback)

I repeated her words in my head over and over again ever since. i haven't really thought about when the right moment was to open it. i really wanted to know why it was so important. i leaned my head against the window seeing endless of fields and rolling hills passing by. i closed my eyes, letting the slight breeze brush against my face. I had not the slightest clue where i was being taken, other than going to an Uncle named  Keith summers who i've never even knew existed until yesterday.

My eyes suddenly snapped open. The driver had turned into a road which felt nothing like the smooth quiet road i was on for the last six hours or so. where was i? The car kept bouncing up and down which caused me to sightly jerk back and forth. i looked outside the window and saw white pebbles and rocks which filled the ground. it's as if we were driving on a pebbled beach. 

"This is it" the driver said finally, stopping the car. 

I thanked the driver and opened the car door. i slowly got out,bearing in mind that i havent stepped a foot on the ground since i got in the car the night before. i stretched my legs and studied my surroundings. it was peacfully quiet. Before me stood a fairly large building with many rooms, each one allocated a number at the front of the door. in front of the building stood a large sign which read 'Bates Motel'. 

I grabbed my belongings from the boot of the car and watched as the the man drove off.  i place the letter in my pocket. I began to walk, which i found hard since i was wearing exceptionally high heels, not to mention the fact that pebbles covered the ground. Nearby i saw  countless of concrete stairs which lead to a large house.  Hm. That must be his house. 

I was about to continue walking when i was startled by an unfamiliar voice.

"Excuse me, maam, can i help you?" a male voice said from behind. i turn around. i nearly stumbled for the third time.

"i...urm..." i began to say but i was too mesmorised by how attractive he was. His bright blue ocean eyes gazed in mine...and his smile was to die for.

"Are you okay?" he asked, coming closer to me.

"i...umm yeah im fine..." i said coming back to reality. i tried my best not to make a fool of myself...especially in front of him. "i'm looking for Keith Summers" i continued. His eyes grew wide and his beautiful smile turned to a dull frown.

"What-what is it?" i asked confused by his expression on his face.  

"Why...are you looking for him?"

"well...i was sent here. Apparently he lives here...he's my uncle" i said giving him an awkward smile.

He looked at me in silence for some time. 

"Well?" i finally said breaking the awkward silence between us. He began to pace back and forth, rubbing the back of his neck before stopping in front of me again. 

"Keith...Keith Summers is Dead" he eventually repsonded.

"W-what? How?" i said stuttering my words. 

"It's a long story...imreally sorry" he said sympathetically.

"It's...okay...I mean i never really even knew him...until last night. Anyhow...ill be on my way...thanks though" i said, giving him a half smile. i took my phone out of my pocket and started to diall a taxi to come and pick me up. 

"Wait no...you can't just leave" He said out of the blue.

I laughed. "Well...what else do you expect me to do?"

"You can rent a room if you want"

"I'm more or less broke...i just had enough money to pay the driver that brought me here "

"Well...ill see what i can do" The boy said, winking at me. 

"Thanks...i guess" i smiled.

"I'm Dylan by the way. Dylan Massett" he said taking out his hand so that i could shake it. 

"Elissa Jameson" i replied accepting his handshake. we stared at each other again for a minute untill he broke the silence. 

"Yeah...Urm ill take these" he said grabbing my luggage from me. "Come" he said whilst signaling his head for me to follow him. So i did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi hope you enjoyed the first chapter.

Please comment about what you think and please vote and rate tysm!

 <3