Chapter 20

Only minutes later the house fell silent. Dylan and I stood in the same position for God knows how long. I was dumbstruck at what I had just witnessed.

"What the hell just happened?" I said through gritted teeth. I didn't dare move a muscle. My eyes followed Dylan as he slowly came forward to face me.

"Elissa." He started slowly. He put his hand on my shoulder only to shrug it off him immediately.

"Don't."

"No wait Elissa. Just...let me explain." That caught my attention almost straight away.

"Wh-what do you mean explain? There is nothing to explain!" I yelled.

"Unless..." My eyes widened.

"You knew...Norma was behind this! Oh my god!" Before I even allowed Dylan to speak I began to hit him. I continued to slap him over and over again; tears were streaming down my face.

"How could you Dylan! You knew all this time. All this time! And you kept it from me!" He grabbed my arms and pinned me back against the wall to stop me from hurting him. I tried to get out of his grip but it was too tight for me to set my hands free.

"Elissa calm down." He spoke trying to compose myself.

"No! Don't you dare tell me to calm down Dylan!" Although I struggled to get out of his grip it didn't mean I would stop trying. He stared at me with an emotionless look, while I on the other hand was furious.

"Are you done yet?"

I looked at him in disgust as I felt his hold tighten. I eventually gave up knowing I wouldn't be able to escape his grasp from me and it would take us nowhere.

"Look, all I want to do is talk. I'll let you go, but you promise me that you won't hit me. Okay?" I watched as he waited for an answer. I nodded, though I was fuming on the inside. He had kept this from me who knows how long. That got me wondering what else he was hiding from me. I felt his grip loosen and eventually his hands were down by his sides. I rubbed my wrist since his grip on me kind of hurt. His eyes widened.

"Elissa you're bleeding." I was too busy staring at him that I didn't realise I had cut myself.

"We should sort that out." He pointed out. He was about to take me upstairs but I refused shaking my head.

"There is no we Dylan. And I can sort it out later. It's not my problem right now."

"But you don't want it to get-"

"I honestly don't want to hear it Dylan. In fact I don't really want to talk to you after tonight. After what I just witnessed I don't want to step foot in this house again. So you got anything to say, say it now because after that I am walking right out that door Dylan Massett." He looked stunned at my unexpected response.

"Elissa. Look." I began to get impatient. I folded my arms and waited for his reply which I honestly didn't give a crap about.

"Im sorry for not telling you but I swear I only found out the other night from Norman."

"You liar!" I hissed. "And what has Norman got to do with this!" Tears continuously fell from my eyes while it burned my cheeks.

"I'm not Lying. He told me the other night. Just let me explain what happened. Please calm down Elissa." He motioned me to relax but I didn't listen.

"No Dylan. You know what? I have been very calm. From the moment I arrived here. I have tried my best to not get involved with anyone's business, even if it involved me. I just shrugged it off and I let it go. But no this has gone way too far. Not only has this family lied to me, but you've all destroyed me. This has hurt me a lot. For starters I have the right to know what happened to my Uncle who lived here. Granted I've never met my uncle Keith but keeping the fact that he was murdered..." I shook my head.

"And the fact that I am living with these people in this very house..."

"Don't you dare say that!" I could see that he started becoming frustrated and sensed anger building in him from his tone of voice.

"I am not a murderer Elissa, and neither is Norman, in fact neither is Norma. But she had no idea what she was doing at the time."

"You have got to be kidding me! Just stop making up excuses for her okay? Whether she knew what she was doing or not she killed an innocent man Dylan!" I saw him shake his head. He opened his mouth about to speak but I put my hand up to stop him from saying anything.

"Don't even say anything. I have had enough of all your excuses. You may be sticking up for them because they are your family, but YOUR family killed MY uncle. I can't be living here anymore knowing this Dylan." I paused for a moment before continuing.

"You know what's sad Dylan? I trusted you! In fact I trusted this family. But I thought out of everyone, you would tell me things. I have told you so much about me! There were some things I still needed to fill you in eventually but apart from that, I let you in my life because I trusted you. But you? Nope. Nothing. I won't be surprised if you know more than you're letting on. But you know what I don't care anymore. I can't be living, like this. I am already living a lie in my life."

"What could possibly be going on in your life? And what the hell do you mean your living a lie? You know for once you need to stop making excuses for yourself." My mouth dropped open. I couldn't believe what crap he was coming out with. I couldn't take this anymore.
"You know what Dylan, I don't bloody need to explain to you what is going on in my life anymore. It's not like you even give a crap. Your leaving soon anyway remember? Going to live with Norman somewhere far away. For all I know I won't even be existing in your life anymore."

"Oh whoa whoa this is becoming my fault? Don't you dare put this on me now!" He argued back to me. We both stood facing each other with blank faces. He folded his arms and snorted.
"I see where this is going now." He nodded. "So this is why you've been playing up today. Since I told you that I would be leaving...is that why your mad with me Elissa, because you don't want me to leave?" I ignored him, though I knew for a fact that he was literally reading my mind. I was more than mad at him I didn't want him to leave I wanted him to stay with me. It would kill me. No. It would break my heart to never see him again. Of course I wasn't going to tell him that even though it was probably written all over my face. But after the events of today, staying here might not be the best option for me anymore. Maybe he might be better off without me, who knows.
He bit his lip and nodded. I felt more tears coming down my face.

"You know what Dylan, it doesn't even matter anymore. Don't worry I won't be a bothering you anymore because you won't ever have to see me again after today. So Excuse me while I go pack my things." I left him speechless as I walked away. I stopped at the bottom steps and looked at him one last time before going to my room, not saying another word.