Chapter 2

I followed Dylan up to the house. Once we reached the house, he placed my luggage on the ground. He knocked on the door and then turned to look at me, giving me a friendly smile. The door quickly opened. A young and fairly tall boy with brown messy hair stood in front of us. He smiled at Dylan and then turned to face me. Dylan broke the silence.
"Norman, this is Elissa." He gave me a pleading look and took out his hand to shake it.
"Elissa, this is my half brother...Norman Bates." I shook his hand.
"It's a pleasure to meet you." he said giving an enthusiastic smile. I gave him a quick smile back.
She needs a place to stay for a while." Dylan said interrupting us. I glanced at Dylan who rolled his eyes.
"I'll go get mother" he instantly replied and went off to find her. Not long after, a woman came to the door. She looked fairly pale just like Norman and she had short blonde, curly hair.
"Norma, this is Elissa." Dylan began.
"Hi Elissa." She said giving me a sweet smile.
"Hi" I said shyly.
"Elissa this is Norma...my...mum." He hesitated.
She gave Dylan a sly look before looking back at me.
"So. How can I help you?" She asked.
"She needs a place to stay for a while." Dylan added.
"Well I'm sorry but there are no rooms available you will have to come back another time. Sorry. Goodbye." She replied abruptly and then closed the door. I glanced at the closed door then at Dylan.
"Well then...you tried...I guess thanks." I said, grabbing my stuff. "Nice meeting you" I added turning around to go.
"Whoa...whoa. Your not getting away that easily." I turn back to him confused.
"Just...follow my lead" he said, knocking on the door again. I gave him another confused look. A few moments later the door opens again with the same woman standing in front of us.
"Look I already told you th-" she began, but got cut off by Dylan interrupting her.
"Norma...she needs a place to stay for a while. She came miles away you can't expect her to just leave!"
"Dylan ther-"
"She's my girlfriend." He quickly added.
We both gave him a surprising look.
"What?" Norma and I said at the same time. Dylan gave me the 'just play along with it look' so I looked back at Norma and smiled at her shyly.
"Well, why didn't you say so! Come on In!" She said looking guilty. He grabbed my bags and walked in the house.
"Dylan? Are you sure...your lying for me just so that I can stay." I whispered, walking in behind Dylan.
"Yup. And don't mind Norma" he said, closing the door behind us.
He gave a quick wink before linking one arm with mine and placed the other in his pocket.
"Wow" I said looking around in amazement. The house was truly incredible. Before me lay a long mahogany staircase. Next to the staircase were several other rooms and a very long hallway which lead to another room.
"Make yourself at home!" Norma said, distracting me from what I was taking in around me.
"Hey, come let me show you where you will be staying for a while." Dylan said showing me up. I held on to the railing tightly making sure I wouldn't embarrass myself by falling with the shoes I was wearing.
When I reached the top, another long hallway appeared with further rooms around.
"This is your room Elissa" Dylan said showing me a fairly large room.
"The one next to yours is mine and two doors away from yours is Normans." He said placing my luggage on the floor in the room. Dylan gave me a quick glance before giving me a warm smile. He was about to walk off when I stopped him.
"Hey...um...Dylan. just wanted to say thanks...for y'know letting me stay here for a while...I hope it's okay with your mum you know about you lying. I mean if she finds out she would probably kick me out...but I won't be here for long anyway once there's a free room at the motel, I'll move in there."
He turned around and looked at me. "It's cool. Don't mind Norma I'll sort it out and you can stay for as long as you want feel free" he said smiling at me. we both laughed.
"Oh and I'll be out for a while got some stuff to do, so if you need anything you can ask Norman." Dylan added. I nodded and he walked off.
I looked around the room which looked quite cosy. The bed was neatly made and there was a brown bedside cabinet on the side with a lamp on top. There were also three cupboards on the side of the room. There was a small tv hung up on the wall opposite the bed. It was a good view actually. Next to the cupboard was a door. I opened it and saw a mini en-suite. It wasn't anything luxurious but it was very useful. It had everything I needed. Sweet!

I took off my shoes and my feet felt a big relief. I jumped on to the bed and layed on my back so was facing the ceiling. Before I knew it I fell fast asleep.
----------------------
Did you like chapter 2? vote and rate and let me know in the comments below.
 <3