Chapter 16

---A few hours earlier--

Dylan's P.O.V

I watched in fear as my brother pushed Elissa against the cupboards behind her with ease. A ton of emotions consumed me. It was as if this whole scene was turned to slow motion. I watched as she crashed into the tall furniture causing her body to fall with a thump. For a few moments I felt as though my heart had been crushed into millions of pieces.
However not even seconds later, I felt as though I was this different person. As if i had no control of my mind or body at all. Negative emotions Anger, hatred, lust, frustration, envy all felt as though they were taking over me. The urge of just killing my brother right on the spot crossed my mind many times. I felt like I was a puppet on strings and my movements were being controlled. I pulled Norman's collar from behind causing him to slide back from his feet. I grabbed the back of his neck and shot him a forceful punch on the side of his face. I felt no sorrow or guilt just resentment and fury.
I punched him again, and again and again. I didn't stop. I watched as blood poured out from his nose and mouth. I didn't feel no sense of remorse. I wanted to badly kill him on the spot. For a split second I looked around to see if i could find anything, but a large agonising sharp pain formed on the side of my head, causing me to fall down to the ground. I tried to get back up but Norman kicked me in my stomach, making me groan in pain. It was as if adrenaline was pumping thoroughly in my body causing me to immediately let myself up from the floor. I wiped the blood which was pouring down the side of my head and charged at him. I grabbed him violently and threw him, crashing into the wall, surprising myself that I actually did that to my own brother. But I didn't care a single bit. I watched as his limp body dropped to the floor, not a single muscle in him was able to move. Dead silence. Only the sound of my heavy breathing was heard, which echoed within me. I looked around and saw Elissa lying on the ground still. My eyes widened and I ran towards her. I checked for a pulse. I let a huge sigh of relief when I felt her slow heartbeat against my fingers. I closed my eyes, tears ready to pour out of my eyes, but I held them back. I opened my eyes.

"Elissa" I tried calling her name but no response was made. I tried again and again but still, no movement or sound was made. I tried to move her shoulders slightly.

"Elissa can you here me?"

Nothing happened. I cursed inside me not knowing what to do. Millions of thoughts came crashing into my head. What if I lose her? I cannot bare to lose her. From the moment she came here, she's changed me. I don't know how I would live without her. I...I Love her.

That's when I felt it. One single tear rolled down my eye.

I am a grown man I shouldn't be crying over some girl. I turned beside her and watched her as her chest rose slowly up and down from her steady breathing.

She's not just some girl. She's different.

My thoughts were immediately disrupted from a loud groan from the other side of the room. I wiped away that one tear which only rolled down half way down my face. I looked around and saw Norman slightly moving around. I looked back at Elissa and grabbed her bridal style before taking her up to her room. I can't have her anywhere near my brother after what he just did.

I placed her in her bed while I went to her bathroom and grabbed a white cloth. I made it damp and went back up to her. The blood was still visible but wasn't seeping heavily. I cleaned her injuries and placed the covers on her. I sat beside her and watched her. Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into more minutes which turned into almost an hour, but no change was made. Her flimsy body made no move. Every moment passing by, I became more and more concerned for her.

I heard the door open and Norman standing there, bruised from the punching I did to him earlier. I sharp shiver went down my body as if it were an electric shock and at once I bounced up.