Chapter 23

Before I could give Dylan an answer, a loud bang was heard from downstairs, causing us to jump. Norman was out and well Norma...was in jail, so we weren't expecting anyone especially at this time of night. I went to speak but Dylan put up his hand to stop me. He motioned me to stay put, while he slowly walked out in the hallway. I of course followed behind, making him roll his eyes when he realised I wasn't going to listen to him.

I breathed a sigh of relief when I realised it was only Norman who came into the house. Well actually, more like barged in. That didn't mean though I was glad to see him. After what that boy put me through, I was far from pleased. Although some part of me felt sorry for him, keeping something this big from me was taking it too far and I had no intention of forgiving him anytime soon. I didn't even know who Norman was anymore. I decided stayed put at the top of the stairs.

"Dammit Norman, wanna bang that door any louder?" Dylan groaned, as he made his way down, towards his brother. I stood there watching the both of them. I saw Norman meet my gaze for only a minute, before his eyes wondered elsewhere. He began heading for the kitchen.

"What are you doing back so soon anyway?" Dylan seemed rather irritated that his brother was home earlier than expected. Not that I wasn't. He was the last person I wanted to see right now. He stopped and turned to face Dylan.

"That's none of your business Dylan, now leave me alone." He said as he was about to turn around. Dylan smirked.

"Oh, I get it now. Did something happen between you and Bradley?" Dylan asked, folding his arms.

"I said it's none of your business! I don't want to talk about it!" Norman yelled. I could see that his hands were clenched tightly. Anymore and he could have punched Dylan. I decided to go downstairs as well, just in case if anything were to happen. I knew for fact Dylan was way stronger than Norman, so there was no problem in him defending for himself. I just went...for extra precaution. Norman once again gave me a cold icy stare. Dylan on the other hand, thought it was going smoothly, according to the smirk he had plastered on his face. When no one had said anything, Norman took that opportunity, to storm off, away from our presence, making me feel relieved.

"Was she good in bed at least?" He shouted loud enough for Norman to hear. My eyes widened and I slapped him on the arm.

"What the hell?!" I said annoyed, totally not expecting him to say something like that.

"Shut up" I heard Norman mutter from the Kitchen.

"I was joking Elissa." I stared at him. He looked at me back and grinned. "Elissa Jameson...Am I sensing Jealousy?" He folded his arms.

"What?! No! Of course not!" I could feel my cheeks flush. I was just hoping it wasn't visible.

"Really?" He gave me a cheeky smile. Okay, so I was a tad bit annoyed he came out with something like that since I thought, he had feelings for me. Not that I cared. I would be leaving anyway, so it's not like it bothered me. We weren't even dating...

"Yes really." I replied. "Look...I have to go and sort out last minute things before I leave." I said changing the subject swiftly. He sighed and I saw his grin instantly drop. I hated myself for doing this and hurting him, but it was for the best.

I only took a step up the stairs, when I heard Norman coming out from the Kitchen.

"Where's mother?" He asked concern covered his face.

Dylan and I shot a look at each other before we turned to Norman. Dylan was trying to come up with some sort of excuse, though Norman already budged passed us and ran up the stairs as he shouted for Norma. I rolled my eyes.