Chapter 18

It took nearly a whole day for the doctor to confirm that everything seemed normal, though I might have slight headaches throughout the week but thankfully no injuries were severe. Norman decided to meet up with Emma and Norma and Zack were out...on their date. Dylan and I were on our way home from the hospital. I sat in the passenger's seat beside Dylan whilst he was driving, but haven't said a word to him since we left. I felt bad yet at the same time I kept repeating the scene countless of times of Dylan telling me that he would be moving away and it agitated me by the minute.

"Elissa are you sure you're okay?" He asked me for probably the fifth time now. He continued to look ahead of him at all times whilst driving.

"I'm fine." I replied hesitantly but also gave him no eye contact. I stared out of the window beside me, watching shops and cars passing by. I saw Dylan turn in my direction for a split second before facing back in his original position.

"Are you sure? You seem quiet. Since we left the hospital you haven't said a peep. Is anything in your mind?"

"Nope. Dylan I'm fine" I lied. We exchanged quick looks while I faked a smile at him.

"Crap!" I muttered to myself a little louder than expected which startled Dylan.

"What?"

"What exactly are you going to tell Norma about what happened back at the house?" I turned to Dylan who just rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry I have it covered."

"Yeah what's the excuse?" I asked sarcastically.

"Norman did it, and it's not an excuse it's the truth."

"Yeah and Norma will freak when she goes home and finds everything in a mess!"

"Don't worry I have it handled"

"Yeah...trust you to deal with this." He looked at me alarmed by my cocky response.

"What on earth is that suppose to mean?"

"It means what it means" I replied bluntly, folding my arms and continued to look out of the window.

"What the hell is your problem Elissa?" I ignored him. Nor did he speak, making everything go silent. Dylan's phone rang just in time, saving us from the awkwardness.
He looked at me one last time before answering his phone, putting it on loud speaker.
"Hey man its Ethan." The guy answered on the other end.
"Hey what's up?" Dylan replied, while his eyes were glued on the road.
"We need you down here man. I know you can't make it today but we need someone to cover a shift and no one else can do it. Just for a couple hours."
He sighed before, we quickly exchanged looks. I shrugged my shoulders and turned my face away from him again.
"Yeah, ok." He eventually replied.

"Okay thanks man. I'll see you in an hour." With that Ethan ended the call.

The car went silent again. No music came from the radio neither did we start a conversation. Just silence. Awkward silence. I looked around and noticed that the area looked unfamiliar. I assumed that there was still sometime till we reached the motel. I was so bored and the fact that no communication was made between us made it worse. My phone was sitting at home on my top of my bedside table so I wasn't able to listen to music and I didn't even think twice about asking Dylan whether he could turn on his radio since I assumed that we were not really on good terms after what just happened. Instead I decided to take a nap. Besides I was mentally as well as physically worn out after the recent events that have occurred. I closed my eyes and before I knew it I drifted into a deep sleep.

-------------

Hey guys,

will be uploading again this weekend hope you enjoyed this chapter.