Chapter 31

Now that I was alone, I took the opportunity to find out about the keys. I walked to the rack where all the motel room keys were hanging and examined it. Most of them were neatly placed under each of their allocated number, some of course, were in use so they weren't hanging on there. I took out the keys I had found, from my pocket and realised that a key was already hanging under the number 11. Curiously, I took it off of the hook and examined both that one and the other one I found. Same colour, some size and same key shape. The only major difference was that the one that was hanging on the hook was clearly worn out from the countless times people had been using that room. The one I had found seemed fairly new, and if it wasn't, then maybe just very clean. It seemed as though someone had made a copy of the key. But why? Why make a copy of a key and then go to all that effort to hide it? Not only that, but who was that spare key for?

I continued to search around the front room of the reception, to see if there were any more clues as to where these would lead to. Nothing. My only hope was the computer. Without hesitation, I sat in front of it and moved the mouse so the screen could pop up. A list of all the names, surnames and allocated room numbers that had booked their stay here at the motel, was what had appeared on the screen. I searched up the room number '11' and in no time the list of those who had previously stayed in there, popped up. Well this was going to be harder than I thought. It was quite a few names and to be honest, I hadn't the slightest idea of who I was even looking for. I kept scrolling down knowing how pointless this was. Funnily enough, I had spoken too soon. I came to a halt. Something had caught my attention. Or more specifically, someone. That couldn't be right. I selected the persons details that had grabbed my curiosity and gulped, as I tried to comprehend the information written in front of my very eyes. This was definitely a coincidence right? I even double checked the room number the person had been in. Yep, the number 11 was clearly displayed. My Eyes once again, diverted to the name of the person. Clearly written, my eyes not deceiving me, it read;

Mrs. R. Jameson

"Elissa? What are you doing?" I was too engrossed with this information, not even enough time to react, I didn't even hear Norman come in until he spoke. Frankly, I didn't care.

"No. No no no!" I shook my head violently, every ounce in me trying not to believe this. One simple glance at Norman and everything came rushing back from the night before. I couldn't take it anymore.

"You knew. All this time You knew, yet you kept it from me."

"Knew what, exactly?" he asked coming closer towards me. I closed the page and got up from the seat, narrowing my eyes at him.

"You know exactly what I am talking about. And don't you ever think about telling me that I'm keeping secrets around here, when you're blatantly trying to cover up the fact that your hiding something yourself". I shook my head at him and walked past him. He suddenly grabbed my arm making me spin around.

"I don't know what you're talking about Elissa". I looked down at my arm where he was gripping on it enough for me to be in discomfort, before looking up at him again.

"Let. Me. Go". I snatched my arm away from him, causing him to release his grip on to me. "I have had it with you Norman Bates" I pointed at his chest. "I am sick and tired of your lies and secrets around here. I will find out what you know and I don't care how long it takes, even if its the last thing I do."
"I have nothing to hide from you" he replied bitterly, nudging past me. Here's me trying to confront the guy I've caught red handed, yet he still has the freaking guts to lie in my face?!

"Are you seriously lying to me right now?" I yelled, watching him go onto the computer. Couple seconds later his eyes froze. Then looked up at me.

"Why are you interested in room 11?".